• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Knight Rider: KITT vs KARR-The Junkyard Edition

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What's this about? 

A hybrid cut of two Knight Rider episodes, "K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R" and "Junkyard Dog", the intention is to show a running paralel storyline where KARR rises from apparent oblivion to cause havoc, while KITT falls and begins showing vulnerabilities.

Changes/Cut List

-Edit starts with footage of "Junkyard Dog", and the road being paved with pollution. Episode title, writer and directors credits cut. Likewise for when we get to the "KITT vs KARR" portion of the edit
-"Junkyard Dog" footage continues until KITT is destroyed 
-"KITT VS KARR" footage resume with KARR being towed out of the beach (I like to think hauling him out took at least a day)
- Junkyard Dog" footage resume up until Micheal asks Bonnie how long it'll take to repair KITT
-Another portion of "KITT vs KARR" takes over here, with KARR persuading his driver to consider his options
-"Junkyard Dog" resumes and work begins on restoring KITT
-Back to "KITT vs KARR", KARR learns about Eddie's pacemaker, then-
-back to "Junkyard Dog"
-back to "KITT VS Karr" after Eddie is administered to hospital
-back to "Junkyard Dog" for more or less the remainder of it's duration
-"KITT Vs KARR" resumes with KITT coming out of the tunnel, several scenes rearranged due to other scenes being used earlier in the edit
-Epilogue of "Junkyard Dog" used.

password: kitt

Updated with completed timeline

Cool project!  How do you explain KARR’s appearance change or the different female leads?  Sorry, I haven’t seen this 2-parter in FOREVER

@"musiced921"  Just to clarify, this isn't a fan edit of the two KARR episodes (the first being "Trust Doesn't Rust" from season one), "Junkyard Dog" is a separate episode from the same season as "Kitt vs Karr", and is the only time outside a two-hour episode that KITT is destroyed. The purpose of this edit was to make "Junkyard Dog" more of a feature-length outing using footage from "KITT Vs KARR" to pad it out.

Also, don't worry about the actres change. Both these episodes come from the third season, by which point Bonnie was back, so there's no continuity gaff (other than Micheal's perm) :)

KARR also makes a reference to wanting his appearance changed in the episode, so I did'nt have to explain that.

After sleeping on it, I think the nighttime scene at the Junkyard should come before KARR is discovered and towed out of the sand rather than between when he's discovered and towed out. Timeline revised to reflect that

Due to the revision, the edit now clocks in at 1 hour 21 minutes.

I tried making a cover for it, but alas it didn't turn out very well.

This is a really nice idea, I picked up the season one box set a couple of months back for £2! the first one I watched was 'Trust doesn't Rust' as I loved that one as young'un. will definitely give this a watch...

Did you ever catch those half-hour KR edits on Channel 5 back in 1999? I remember taping a lot of them...given our current hobby, I'm even more fascinated by them. I'd even like to try and re-create them as a preservation project since it's doubtful they're commercially available. If I ever find my two VHS tapes with them recorded, I'll let you know and maybe send some your way

I also believe Knight Rider is being repeated on 5USA starting this week.

No I never caught them, I hadn't seen much KR since it was originally aired, i had a binge on 80s tv boxsets recently and bought a-team, quauntum leap and miami vice as well as KR. I feel 10 years old again when I watch these  :)

Awesome. I own all of them on DVD too. I need to catch up on Miami Vice, I have every season but probably only binged a third or so of the sets.

We actually have a few Miami Vice tv edits listed on the IFDB, I don't know if anyone besides @"ranger613"  has them though

Couple of new samples

-00: Junkkard Dog footage
-2:41 Kitt vs KARR footage takes over
03:29 Junkyard Dog footage takes over
07: 02 Kitt vs KARR footage takes over

-00: Junkyard Dog footage
-00: 37 KITT vs KARR footage takes over
-01:23 Junkyard Dog footage takes over

I should have this ready for screening soon. :)

@"musiced921"  
@"Sinbad" 

Edit's done and ready for screening. I'm sending you two copies since you've shown interest.

I've written up the IFDB entry. Uploading the edit to vimeo now.

Hopefully get round to watching it this week been a bit busy finishing up my KB edit.

Zarius said:
@"musiced921"  
@"Sinbad" 

Edit's done and ready for screening. I'm sending you two copies since you've shown interest.

Just a reminder that you can send PMs without announcing the PMs (or user-tagging the recipients).

Sinbad said:
Hopefully get round to watching it this week been a bit busy finishing up my KB edit.

That's fine, take your time ;)

Interesting edit. I quite like the episodes of Knight Rider I watched, maybe a few years ago, it's probably somewhere in my attic. ;)

PM sent.

Apparently 5SPIKE are rerunning Knight Rider every day (I thought it was 5USA initially)

Back
Top Bottom