• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Paradise:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Paradise:

I usually don't like this sort of merging of two separate stories into one feature. However, using David as the beacon and ignoring a lot of the unneeded material from both sources has surprisingly created an exciting story with a complex narrative that is still not too hard to follow and make sense out of it.
I really like the visual editing in this one. It keeps the pacing consistent enough and is done very creatively. And though the extensive cutting, there was still some development of characters present within the final product. David obviously is the focus. The short clips that preceded to the release of Alien: Covenant also helped and were wisely placed within the story.

The quality is top notch and the visual and audio editing is seamless.

The infection sequence inter-cutting between the two films is well done but not easy to follow.
Keeping track of two different crews, each with its own members, relations and journey can be quite exhausting.

I wish the editor could've made this into a suspense driven story. Or rather, I wish the sources relied less on gore and disgust, but on suspense that made the original Alien so great.

Also, the final confrontation with the alien lacked excitement. I think cutting the shots where we see the blades of the truck from so many angles until the very end when they penetrate the Xenomorph and kill it would have been effective. Otherwise, it's so obvious that is what's about to happen.
Anyway, those are minor issues I have. The fanedit is great and the best edit of the month reward is well deserved. Good job Job!!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/paradise/discussions/9579/

Back
Top Bottom