• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Alien: The Hybrid Cut

LeoneNut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Leonenut
What is it about? This version puts back the extra Director's cut scenes into the Theatrical Cut. It also adds three scenes that were restored for the Director's Cut but not used, so the quality is consistent throughout. Also restores the 1979 Fox fanfare and alternate alien transmission sound fx. This is Alien extended for best entertainment.

original film name: Alien
film name : Alien: The Hybrid Cut
film studio name : Fox
Date Original Film Was Released : 1979
Date Edit Was Released : Nov 2007
Original Runtime : 117 mins (Theatrical Cut), 116 (Director's Cut)
New Runtime : 126 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : 9 minutes added

Cuts removed/added/extended :

* - Restores 1979 Fox Fanfare
* - Alien transmission scene, but using the sound fx from the original deleted scene not the Director's Cut
* - Kane holding a gun while examining the egg
* - The rest of the crew watching Kane being examined from the corridor and Ripley fighting with Lambert
* - Ash examining Kane's x-rays as the crew members return
* - Extended the scene with Parker and Brett working, with part of the alternate deleted scene with Ripley, a second's worth of Theatrical cut footage was removed here to smooth the transition
* - Parker and Ripley arriving after Brett has been taken by the Alien
* - Ripley asking Lambert if she slept with Ash
* - The infamous cocoon sequence, which has been moved to before Ripley sets of the self-destruct

Fanedit details :

* 2.35:1 NTSC Anamorphic
* Dolby Digital 5.1

Your intention for this fanedit:

To put back the extra Director's cut scenes back into the Theatrical Cut. Also adds three scenes that were restored for the Director's Cut but not used, so the quality is consistent throughout. Also restores the 1979 Fox fanfare and alternate alien transmission sound fx

Time needed for the edition: 2 weeks

persons involved: LeoneNut

ALIEN_HC_NCSP_3D2.jpg

i would like to acquire this hybrid fanedit if at all possible, thnx . . .

sounds good

rom1616 said:
i would like to acquire this hybrid fanedit if at all possible, thnx . . .

Read the rules and how to use this site.

LeoneNut said:
Time needed for the edition: 2 weeks
persons involved: LeoneNut

You might want to rethink that two week deadline you gave yourself.

I'll be checking this out for sure. They don't make them like this anymore.

Movie is in my top 5 of all time - I'm all over the extra scenes, though the "infamous" cocoon I can do without. Always liked the captain just disappearing.

DoctorWarpdrive said:
Seen this before, pretty impressed. Wondering if you'd consider re-doing this in HD?

Why don't you leave a review? It's hard to convince somebody to redo something when as far as he knows nobody has watched it in four years.

Back
Top Bottom