If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)
John Carter (2012)
This movie has actually aged pretty well. I think perhaps the hate it got was due to the time it was released. Now with all of the extensive world building, cinematic universes and marathon length features that exist in this movie just feels normal instead of over the top and too big. The lead actor's performance is still a little meh, as is the lead actress, but the movie itself is pretty good story telling. The story probably would have done better as a miniseries where they could delve more into the world, characters and the various societies. Better than the dud it gets labeled as. 6.25/10
[+] 2 users Like DigModiFicaTion's post
I really enjoyed John Carter when I saw it in theaters, it was a pity when it got panned by critics and audiences.
If the title included "of Mars" and the characters used the terms Mars and Earth, instead of Barsoom and Helium, I think it would have been received better.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I loved it then and still LOVE it today!!!! 

Big Grin
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
[+] 1 user Likes bionicbob's post
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Has its moments, particularly early in the film with Charlie and his family. But it goes downhill fast IMMEDIATELY with Wonka's introduction. Depp's Wonka is an unendearing little bitch, and Christopher Lee really needed to go all Corbin Bernsen on his bicuspids.

6/10
Prudes need prunes.
I enjoy both theatrical versions. But the best version is the Tom and Jerry version.
[Image: Tom-and-jerry-willy-wonka-movie-poster.png]
Mega Man is best game. 
[+] 1 user Likes jrWHAG42's post
(Yesterday, 06:59 PM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: I enjoy both theatrical versions. But the best version is the Tom and Jerry version.

[Image: WhimsicalDopeyGalapagosalbatross-size_restricted.gif]
[+] 2 users Like DigModiFicaTion's post
Saw Rambo Last Blood yesterday... overall I loved it.  Very brutal, unrelenting and I really liked how this felt different to other chapters in the series.  Stallone is on top form and whilst it may not be a film for everyone, I for one feel it's the third best film in the franchise after First Blood, and Rambo (2008). 
Highly recommended.
[+] 1 user Likes LastSurvivor's post
(11 hours ago)LastSurvivor Wrote: Saw Rambo Last Blood yesterday... overall I loved it.  Very brutal, unrelenting and I really liked how this felt different to other chapters in the series.  Stallone is on top form and whilst it may not be a film for everyone, I for one feel it's the third best film in the franchise after First Blood, and Rambo (2008). 
Highly recommended.

Thanks. Been hoping to see a review of somebody who knows the Rambo franchise. A lot of the critic reviews having been saying it's bad because it's violent and fueled by vengeance which seems to be missing the point Big Grin .