• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently watched: Detective Pikachu - Loved, Dark Phoenix - Headache, Men In Black International - Funny but predictable. 9, 5, 7.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom over a two day span, and didn't enjoy it much. It really is two half movies instead of one movie, and the volcano was really dumb.

If they just wanted a haunted house movie with dinos instead of ghosts, they didn't need a whole hour dedicated to getting them off the island, they could have just mentioned some escaped in a previous film or that someone found the Barbasol can. Human clone would have been more interesting with a deeper connection to the dino clones, maybe if she could understand them or was protected from them with pheremones or something, idk.

I still think they dropped the ball in Jurassic World with the Indominus Rex. They should have made it more clear people are bored with regular dinos, by adding Pteradactyl wings (nonfunctional) and Dilophasaur acid spit (breathing "fire") to the iRex, and then they could have just called it a dragon.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If It Ain't Stiff, It Ain't Worth a F**k (1977)
Wonderfully shambolic 51-minute tour-film following the Stiff record label on a coach round the UK in 1977. Seeing Elvis Costello and Ian Dury (and other Stiff stars) on the same bill must have been a blast. I just can't imagine pop stars today being allowed to be this scruffy, chaotic, creative and spontaneous (and occasionally out of tune :D ).

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Odyssey (L'odyssée) (2016)

I grew up watching Jacques Cousteau films and was greatly influenced by his love for and call to preserve nature. I never really delved into his life and this just happens to be on the Roku channel right now so I gave it a shot.

The movie and cast are great in this, especially Pierre Ninney who portrays Jacques' son, Phillippe. His acting is simply fantastic. His less is more approach creates a presence that dominates the film and drives it forward from the initial scene to the conclusion. While Jacques may be the main focus, this is most definitely Philippe's story. If you are into biopics this is a fantastic voyage. 8/10

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
The Odyssey (L'odyssée) (2016)

Saw this one in theater in France. Good movie. If you liked Pierre Niney's acting I recommend watching "Un Homme Idéal" (A perfect Man - 2015). It's a "The Talented Mister Ripley" sort of story about an writter. Pretty good.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched Guinea Pig 2: A Flower of Flesh and Blood after reading up on it and its reputation. I wanted a good horror movie that would scare me or unsettle me, and this wasn't it. At 41 minutes, there is no story in this, it's focused solely on the gore, and after around 10 minutes, I realized that I couldn't see it as anything other than just a showcase of practical effects. With that in mind, I watched it with a straight face, not as bothered by it as I was expecting to be. This really isn't worth watching, in my opinion.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Times of Harvey Milk - 8/10
A very political film that I won’t say anything else about here lest I violate the rules.

The Matrix - 8/10

The Matrix: Reloaded - 6/10

The Matrix: Revolutions - 4/10

I should watch (or make myself) a fanedit combining those two into one tighter, more solid movie. There’s a lot in there I like, it’s just obscured by a lot of bloated filler.

Blade Runner (Final Cut) - 10/10
Was showing it to a friend who hadn’t seen it before. He thought the bit where Roy shoves his head through a wall was hilarious.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I wanted a good horror movie that would scare me or unsettle me, and this wasn't it.

If you're looking for something that will scare you, grim and gory typically isn't the way to go. IMO, a good scare requires good direction and restraint. It's all about suspense, dread, anticipation, not knowing what's around the corner. Less is usually more.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know that's usually the case with out right scariness, but usually certain types of violence an gore still affects me on an unsettling, uncomfortable level. I felt nothing while watching this though. I suppose knowing what's to come does still factor into that, as I was mostly aware of what to expect, bracing myself. I think I should've gone into this blind. I first heard about it in some YouTube video, I should've watched it after that, instead of reading more on it and the background. The movie itself could've also been better in a lot of regards.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
INTO THE FOREST (2016)

A refreshing apocalyptic drama.  No zombies.  No virus outbreak.  No over the top horror or sensationalism.  Just human characters struggling to survive and the importance of hope and family.  Recommended.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
The Matrix - 8/10

The Matrix: Reloaded - 6/10

The Matrix: Revolutions - 4/10

I should watch (or make myself) a fanedit combining those two into one tighter, more solid movie. There’s a lot in there I like, it’s just obscured by a lot of bloated filler.

There are a few fan-edits out there already which combine these.  You might want to give them a look and decide if they do it for you.  I haven't watched it yet, but "Reprogrammed" is quite recommended.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched a vhs recording of a musical starring my father back in middle school titled Rock n Roll. He has described it as a Grease knockoff, but I've never seen Grease so I can't confirm any similarities. It was very amusing to watch, very enjoyable. I only wish the sound quality was a bit better, as I couldn't properly hear some lines of dialogue.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
jrWHAG42 said:
I've never seen Grease

Avoid the movie and just listen to the soundtrack.

Avoid the soundtrack and look at this picture of John Travolta
tumblr_lzeu4zF78C1r2ph3qo1_500.png

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My uncle says Grease 2 is superior.
He's known for his controversial movie opinions.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, for the most part it's a matter of me liking bad movies, not usually disliking popular movies as well. With my uncle, he happens to dislike a lot of good popular movies and like a lot of bad movies. He swears it's not intentional. My opinions are controversial, but not that bad.

I think.

Top Bottom