• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

I just watched the US theatrical cut of Blade Runner. I actually really didn't mind it. The ending worked. It's not better, but I really didn't mind it.

Duragizer said:
I like dogs.

140228_2749820_Dog_Show_anvver_1.jpg

I just got done watching Attack of the Clones. This is the first time since I was a child that I watched the entire thing without distractions.
I loved it. I don't know if I prefer this or Phantom Menace.

jrWHAG42 said:
I just got done watching Attack of the Clones. This is the first time since I was a child that I watched the entire thing without distractions.
You should just officially change your screen name to “Frink Troll.”   :p

jrWHAG42 said:

Induce vomiting. You'll feel better.

i just did the same for TLJ. well, actually, earlier today, but anyway.

i had fun, it's a pretty solid movie, i just don't like the movie's pace up until about 2/3 in. i've come to terms with basically everything i originally disliked about it and just don't care about most of it at this point. even luke's fleeting shadow moment felt more believable, even if i still don't quite buy it. i'll revisit this more times though, possibly in fanedits.

Knightriders (1981)
I thought the idea of medieval knights riding motorcycles sounded and looked very silly, so I was not expecting this serious meditation on consumerism, depression, idealism, friendship, community, sexuality and gender conformity from George A. Romero. Ed Harris is a modern day King Arthur who has brought a gang of misfits together in a sort of hippy-commune/traveling-biker-circus version of Camelot. It's full of impressively dangerous looking bike stunt work, engaging characters and perceptive dialogue but at nearly 2.5-hours, it's too long in my opinion.

The Toxic Avenger (1984)
I fondly remember the rather improbably popular 'Toxic Crusaders' children's cartoon and toy line but I'd never actually seen the film that started the franchise. Every bit of violent splatter and gross-out vulgarity is done with such a flamboyant flourish of self-awareness that it approaches high art. I loved the deliberately cheesy 1950s b-movie style voiceover, the impressive practical FX and the wild satirical humour.

^ Oh look, I found a brief clip that doesn't have any swearing, nudity, or extreme violence :D .

Honestly, after checking out Crusaders for the first time a few months back, after having watched (most of) Toxic Avengers a while back, Toxuc Crusaders has way more heart and is genuinely good and funny, I think I prefer it.

MILE 22 (2018)
A 95 minute slog.  A thriller with no thrills, just lots of bullets, explosions and fight sequences all horribly edited and directed with Wahlberg at his most unlikeable.  Complete boring mess.

Disney's Tim Burton's Dumbo (2019) - 6/10

It's not good, but I like the irony of the villain being a rich guy with a monopolistic entertainment empire and the climax being
Disneyland on fire.

suspiciouscoffee said:

It's not good, but I like the irony of the villain being a rich guy with a monopolistic entertainment empire and the climax being
Disneyland on fire.

My stepmother pointed out afterwards how the villain is blatantly Walt Disney, and I have no idea how I didn't catch it. I also had no idea that he was Michael Keaton. Anyways, I loved it.

Didn't watch them by choice,  the residents at the group home I'm currently working at were watching them,  but today i had to watch both Ted movies because they were on tv.

The first one was surprisingly decent,  definitely better than I expected it to be for a Seth MacFarlane film. (I like the first few seasons of family guy,  sortof, and i like American dad alot.  But i don't think he really writes much for American dad I think he just came up with the initial concept and provides voices for it.  I haven't seen the newest ones of it but the first few seasons of it are GOLD. But most of his ventures are trash. ) Not great by any means,  maybe not even good,  but watchable. 

The second one was... less decent.  More about the quality of what i expected the first one to be.

I once saw a box set of Ted 1&2 with the 80s Flash Gordon movie and I was confused.  Is that Ted's favorite movie or something and it was a weird gimmick release or…?

suspiciouscoffee said:

Disneyland on fire.

Hollywood is full of hypocrisy. I almost get a kick out of it.

I just watched As Above So Below. I was expecting it to be absolutely awful, but I actually liked it.

Puss in Boots (2011)
Watched this with the kiddos today. I never have liked Shrek so I went in expecting to not like this one either, but it wasn't half bad. I'll admit that I wasn't always watching, but when I did it was a decent flick. The final act was a bit disjointed, but it concluded well enough. 6.79/10

The Importance of Being Oscar (2019)
An 84-minute BBC2 film blending a historical Documentary on the life and work of Oscar Wilde, with dramatisations of many scenes from his key works. Wilde's words are so brilliant, his troubled life so fascinating, the assembled cast are so talented and the writers being interviewed so illuminating, that they succeed in overcoming the distracting Direction and Editing. The film boasts Nicholas Rowe gravely reading extracts from 'De Profundis', which is reason enough to give this a watch.

40690998103_949300104a_o.jpg

Paddington 2 (2017)
The plotting of this sequel is perhaps a little bit over contrived and over stuffed compared to the first film but I'm being really picky as it's once again, wall-to-wall charm and heart-warming humour. Paddington being thrown behind bars for a crime he didn't commit was a masterstroke, as it gives ample room for his friendly disposition to bring light and life to the prison. The cast is packed with British comedy stars who no doubt had kids and grand-kids eager for them to make a cameo.

suspiciouscoffee said:
I once saw a box set of Ted 1&2 with the 80s Flash Gordon movie and I was confused.  Is that Ted's favorite movie or something and it was a weird gimmick release or…?

Yes, Ted and Mark Wahlberg love the character, have a dream sequence that recreates some crappy effects sequences from the film, then literally meet Sam Jones, the actor who played Flash Gordon, at a party. It plays like a live-action version of a Family Guy "reference joke". The movie is thin on plot so it's one of the only memorable things that happens.

Back
Top Bottom