• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I forgot to mention. Saturday night, I watched Mad Max: Fury Road for the first time. Well, most of it. I kinda fell asleep near the end. Loved what I saw though! I need to go back and watch the first 3. I just bought the first Mad Max on UMD yesterday, so I might watch it later.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I forgot to mention this one I watched about a week ago or so. 

Shoplifters. An incredibly human look at what it means to be family. The characters are wonderfully brought to life by simply observing them go about their everyday routines. I don’t want to give too much away about the third act, but it all plays out so genuinely without a hint of plot contrivance that it could’ve so easily fallen into.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Over the last month I've watched all 24 James Bond movies.  I like most of them, though I have to set my moral bar pretty low and not engage too hard with them, and I am very tired.

Average rating: 5.83/10

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Over the last month I've watched all 24 James Bond movies.  I like most of them, though I have to set my moral bar pretty low and not engage too hard with them, and I am very tired.

which movie won?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Collipso said:
suspiciouscoffee said:

which movie won?

Still deliberating over the final two, but here's what it's at so far.

D3lU6gLWsAATPEt.jpg

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i've only watched Skyfall once, when it was in theaters, which means i had just turned 12, but i remember not being too impressed at the time. so, not having seen the movie in almost 7 years, and having watched From Russia With Love at least 4-5 times since 2011, imo the latter is definitely better.

by the way, how on earth did quantum of solace beat OHMSS?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Collipso said:
i've only watched Skyfall once, when it was in theaters, which means i had just turned 12, but i remember not being too impressed at the time. so, not having seen the movie in almost 7 years, and having watched From Russia With Love at least 4-5 times since 2011, imo the latter is definitely better.

by the way, how on earth did quantum of solace beat OHMSS?

A little Roger Deakins goes a long way for me.  And Quantum actually worked super well for me just on the idea that Bond, who [politics]
in every movie is a weapon for imperialism, has to stop an imperialist right-wing coup of a Latin American country.
[/politics]

pls dont report me for this post am sorry

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Dirt (2019)

Dude... my girlfriend and I we fu....g loved that movie, man.
I thought the trailer su..ed a.. but the whole sh.t was dope

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
City on Fire (1987)
Chow Yun-fat and Danny Lee from John Woo's 'The Killer' reverse their cop/criminal roles in this earlier Hong Kong action movie from Ringo Lam. The gun-play isn't up there with the balletic best of John Woo but it does have some memorably visceral action. 'City on Fire' is probably most famous for Quentin Tarantino lifting the basic plot idea and a few scenes for 1992's 'Reservoir Dogs' (without credit), although the films are totally different in style, focus and structure.

Michigan film student Mike White created this 1995 pre-youtube short-film called 'Who Do You Think You're Fooling?' which more or less accuses Tarantino of plagiarism by cleverly editing the two films together:

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Favourite (2018)

​
I​
L    O    V    E    D​
I                       T​
B   U   T             I​
W      I      S      H​
I​
C    O    U    L    D​
R      E      A      D​
T          H          E​
T   I   T   L   E   S​
A         N         D​
C  R  E  D  I  T  S​

darthrush

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shazam! (2019)

Jack Grazer steals the movie. Zachary Levi is also great.

Overall a refreshing change of direction for the DCEU, albeit a third act that goes on much too long.

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I just saw the film I, Robot (2004)

A lot of the CG looked good
Not much substance
I feel like something was missing.

Not saying it was bad
It was good
Well I saw the first half less than a month ago than saw the second today
So my memory is a little fuzzy.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dogtooth (2009) - 9/10

Maybe I should show this to the next person who tells me my parents are "abusive" to help them gain some perspective.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Coffee, there are different levels of abuse, some is worse than others. Perspective won't change that. Abuse is abuse. That being said, I won't comment on whether or not your parents are abusive. Just saying that I'm sure other people will keep their views. 

Anyways, that's none of my business. Here. 
I just watched Nerdland for the third time. I still quite enjoy it.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Clerks II (2006)

Extremely tasteless — that entire donkey show garbage, in particular — but there's enough humour and heart to redeem it.

6/10

Predators (2010)

Starts out with promise, but starts losing steam when it becomes apparent the characters have nothing going for them personality-wise, then firmly mires itself in mediocrity once Fishburne's character rears his head. Only the Predators themselves bring verve to the picture.

6/10

The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)

I like it, but don't love it. Gwyneth Paltrow's presence is a pox on the film.

7/10

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992)

This is my third time watching this movie. Only now do I realize that Sheryl Lee's a goddamn great actress. It's her performance which has finally allowed me to forgive the film it's shortcomings and love it.

8/10

The Elephant Man (1980)

Not my favourite Lynch film, but it's certainly one of his most beautiful and uplifting.

9/10

Ivan's Childhood (1962)

The third Takovsky film I've seen. Technically and thematically stirring, though I can't say I loved it.

8/10

Deadly Blessing (1981)

I liked the characters; I was enjoying the proceedings; it was shaping up to be a fair (if not particularly great) horror film. Then everything went south with an out-of-left-field plot twist and inane conclusion.

5/10

Isle of Dogs (2018)

I like dogs. I love stop motion. I'm starting to worship Wes Anderson.

9/10

Masters of the Universe (1987)

Langella and Meg Foster are impressive; the rest of the movie is impressively cheap, unimaginative, and annoying.

5/10

Altered States (1980)

After a promising beginning, it devolves into a nihilistic disappointment. Blair Brown is the only bright spot to the entire movie.

5/10

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Clerks 2 is great in my opinion. Not as good as the first Clerks, but I still love it.

Top Bottom