• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched the 2003 Daredevil for the first time, opting for the director's cut. 
I um
I
I loved it. I loved it so much. Possibly my new favorite Marvel movie. Though I will say, I haven't seen the show yet, and I'm sure it's even better. But like, this gave me a new interest in these characters that I've never had before.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I just watched the 2003 Daredevil for the first time, opting for the director's cut. 
I um
I
I loved it. I loved it so much. Possibly my new favorite Marvel movie. Though I will say, I haven't seen the show yet, and I'm sure it's even better. But like, this gave me a new interest in these characters that I've never had before.

I am with you buddy! :D

I love Daredevil The Directors Cut!  Yes, the CGI is bad and that playground scene with Elektra is a wee bit cringe worthy, but despite all that, it is a solid super hero adventure and Affleck's performance is excellent.

If you haven't yet, you should check out @"Uncanny Antman" fan edit of Daredevil.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
jrWHAG42 said:
I um
I

I am with you buddy! :D

I love Daredevil The Directors Cut!  Yes, the CGI is bad and that playground scene with Elektra is a wee bit cringe worthy, but despite all that, it is a solid super hero adventure and Affleck's performance is excellent.

If you haven't yet, you should check out @"Uncanny Antman" fan edit of Daredevil.

I'm glad I'm not alone! I personally didn't notice any bad cgi passed the beginning credits, maybe because it was so dark, maybe because I was trying to draw for a short bit while watching, or maybe it was because of the slight glare on the screen. Doesn't matter. There were certainly some cringe worthy moments, which definitely leads me to wanting to check out the Fanedits for it. If I recall correctly, there are two on IFDB? Uncanny Antman is a name I recognize and trust, I'll try to track down his edit, and maybe look into the other as well.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Upon reading the cut lists for the edits of Daredevil, they seem to cut too much for my liking, but maybe seeing the execution will prove them to be better.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also really liked the Daredevil movie.
Elektra is a whole different matter.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Katsudō Shashin (1907)

Quite possibly the world's very first anime. It's only a couple seconds long, but quite fluid for the year it was made. I wouldn't recommend it to Frink, but anyone else into Japanese animation or just animation period, check it out.

6/10

Liar Liar (1997)

86 minutes of Jim Carrey acting like he's having a series of strokes is 80 too much.

4/10

Dark Legacy (2017)

Snazzy, and it's nice seeing a darksider wield a non-red lightsaber for a change. Still, it's your basic Star Wars fanfilm — a lightsaber duel in search of a plot.

6/10

Mission to Mars (2000)

The high point of this movie is Gary Sinise's goofy grin towards the end.

5/10

Wild at Heart (1990)

Not my favourite Lynch film. Still, it can't be denied when you get him and Nic Cage together, there're sparks.

8/10

Odd Thomas (2013)

Anton Yelchin's performance boosts an otherwise middling movie to "good" status.

7/10

Clerks (1994)

Liked it more than I did the last time I watched it. Still find it pretty juvenile and Randal didn't get the beat-down which was his due, but there were enough nuggets of wisdom on the human condition in there to convince me that maybe this wasn't the completely lowbrow affair I thought it was.

6/10

Birth of a Monster (2018)

Ending was predictable, but it had heart and a story, which is more than can be said for most SW fanfilms.

7/10

Sea of Love (1989)

Liked Pacino's performance and Barkin's (or her body double's) ass. Meh otherwise, reduced to such by a weak ending.

6/10

Fast and Furry-ous (1949)

Not a big fan of Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner shorts. When you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all.

6/10

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Katsudō Shashin (1907)
6/10

Liar Liar (1997)
4/10

Dark Legacy (2017)
6/10

Mission to Mars (2000)
5/10

Wild at Heart (1990)
8/10

Odd Thomas (2013)
7/10

Clerks (1994)
6/10

7/10

Sea of Love (1989)
6/10

6/10

Sitting here adding up the minutes...did anyone report you as missing?

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Duragizer said:
Katsudō Shashin (1907)
6/10

Liar Liar (1997)
4/10

Dark Legacy (2017)
6/10

Mission to Mars (2000)
5/10

Wild at Heart (1990)
8/10

Odd Thomas (2013)
7/10

Clerks (1994)
6/10

7/10

Sea of Love (1989)
6/10

6/10

Sitting here adding up the minutes...did anyone report you as missing?

LOL. I didn't watch them back-to-back, but days/weeks apart.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LIFE (2017)
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuA-xqBw4jE[/video]
A B-Movie sci-fi horror movie with a blockbuster budget.  Essentially a remake of ALIEN.  Some nice visuals, the weightless FX is amazing and the Martian is suitably unnerving and creepy.  A bit predictable, the characters are not well fleshed out but there are some fun scares.  I liked it.

CHRISTOPHER ROBIN (2018)
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m74pkFkg7e0[/video]
Most Disney live action remakes lack the magic, warmth and soul of their original animated versions, but happily this is the not case with Christopher Robin.  It is sweet, gentle and kind.  This movie is a comfortable warm blanket of childhood dreams and hopes.  I smiled and chuckled from beginning to end.

VERTIGO (1958)
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95o-QM-lz8g[/video]
Introduced my daughter to this one this past week, and she was mesmerized by it.  I had not seen it in it's entirety in over 20 years, and was also equally spellbound.  A very dark and unnerving movie about obsession.   The ending still leaves you shocked and stunned.  A true masterpiece of filmmaking and storytelling.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

First time watching since maybe junior high.  Like everyone else I found the woman lead incredibly annoying (I can't remember her name) which is the worst thing about the film and drags it down.  Continues the campy adventure spirit of the first and i love that. Way darker than audiences were probably expecting it to be at the time,  but it worked for me.  Watching on my projector screen,  the sequences of devil worship were so intense my eyes were bugging out of my sockets and i could feel my blood pressure spiking.  

7/10, easily would have been a 9 if aforementioned lady hadn't made the tone so inconsistent.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

7/10, easily would have been a 9 if aforementioned lady hadn't made the tone so inconsistent.

You should check out @"lapis molari" 's edit.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spike Milligan: Love, Light and Peace (2014)
A BBC Documentary about the life of ground-breaking anarchic comedy writer/performer Spike Milligan. His children provide a wealth of 8mm home movies, audio and photographs, that most Documentaries lack. Equally about his bipolar condition, as it is a celebration of his funniest sketches.

Martin (1978)
George A. Romero re-engineers the Vampire myth for 1970s intercity Pittsburgh. Martin (the vampire of the title) is a withdrawn kid who brutally kills women and drinks their blood by night, seeing what may be b&w Gothic flashbacks to his days in Transylvania, or may just be disillusions to romanticise his awful crimes. It's definitely not a tasteless movie, it's way too arty and interesting for that but I'm not sure it's entirely tasteful either.

(I watched Dario Argento's 'Wampyr' Italian version because it's got an awesome Prog score by the band Goblin.)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Triple Frontier. The new military heist movie starring Oscar Isaac and Ben Affleck out on Netflix. I liked it but didn’t love it. It struck me that it could’ve been a much more successful miniseries, especially on Netflix. Fleshing our backstories for the main characters, and especially the bad guy, could’ve made the story much more impactful. The music was also much too on-the-nose. Complete with the CCR “Run Through the Jungle” when they head “in country.” I hate it when it seems like the director just searched his iTunes with the search term “war.” But I did mildly like it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lego Movie 2.  Really good.  AND YES THE SONG IS STILL STUCK IN MY HEAD.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aaaaaaaaaaand I just discovered the song was written by Taco from The League.  Amazing.

EDIT: And Garfunkel and Oates performed the remixed Everything is Awesome.  :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lego Movie 3 will be out by the time I see the first one, although thanks to my nephews I've seen the Lego-Ninjago movie 3 times :dodgy: .

RAW-DEAL-1986-Original-1-sheet-Rolled-Poster-Arnold.jpg

Raw Deal (1986)
I fancied watching some 1980s Action-Movie trash but was severely disappointed with 'Raw Deal'. Arnie is astoundingly wooden without a great Director who knows how to get the best out of him. The last 20-minutes are an orgy of tooled-up OTT violence but the preceding 85-minutes are pretty dull and meandering. If only it lived up to the promise of the awesome poster and trailer (cut to the theme from 'The Warriors'):

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^I remember getting Raw Deal as a Britannia recording of the month on VHS back in the day. I put it on to watch and the film stopped and started rewinding about an hour in to the film. Took the tape out the video recorder and it had been put on an E60 tape. I sent the tape  back  with a letter of complaint with NOBODY GIVES (INSERT MY NAME)  A RAW DEAL!! in bold letters at the bottom!  Just couldn't resist!!

The Firm (1993)
Not seen this since its initial release, not one of Cruise's stronger efforts and it's downright odd in parts, enjoyed it though we don't seem to get these types of star vehicles very often anymore which is a shame..

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Lego Movie 3 will be out by the time I see the first one, although thanks to my nephews I've seen the Lego-Ninjago movie 3 times :dodgy: .

The first two are excellent.  Ninjago, not so much.  Hope you aren't judging the former by the latter.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
The Firm (1993)
Not seen this since its initial release, not one of Cruise's stronger efforts and it's downright odd in parts, enjoyed it though we don't seem to get these types of star vehicles very often anymore which is a shame..

My favorite thing about this movie.

6Gtf.gif

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Sinbad said:
The Firm (1993)

My favorite thing about this movie.

6Gtf.gif

You must love MI3 then!

SharpRigidBasil-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom