• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Spirited Away" (2001)

What a beautiful tale. Easily one of the greatest modern animated movies.

5/5

(Another one from My Shame List I can cross off now.)

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
"Spirited Away" (2001)

What a beautiful tale. Easily one of the greatest modern animated movies.

5/5

(Another one from My Shame List I can cross off now.)

I agree. I remember being in awe when I saw it at the arthouse movie theater when it came out. Perhaps the best animated feature.

I have always been...yes, I know...I'm a big kid...partial to The Iron Giant.

And...drum roll accompanied by laughter and ridicule...Courage The Cowardly Dog.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eyes Wide Shut Fidelio Edition by Gatos

Honestly, I went into this very skeptical. I am a huge Stanley Kubrick fan (no not because all of the subtle imagery and alleged hidden meanings). I love his style.

Eyes Wide Shut is one of my favorites by him.

It's a smooth ride. If I hadn't seen the movie fifty times, I wouldn't have missed what was cut. I did immediately notice the huge chunk missing at Victors house and the sex scene with Cruise and Kidman. I'm not sure others would care.

Its a very fast moving edit. It was over before I knew it.

It didn't rock my world. I prefer the original.

8/10 As a general review for effort
5/10 As a review based on my preference

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Keeping Hours

Not your typical Blumhouse fare. Not really a ghost or horror story. It is however a very heartbreaking drama dealing with intense loss and redemption.

Absolutely incredible. I will be haunted by it for a while.

9/10 As a general review.
9/10 As e review with my preferential bias.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boogie Nights Full Frontal Edition
Fanedit by Neglify

Definitely better with ham & cheese. What isn't? Unless your Jewish or Muslim.

Definitely, Definitely, FULL FRONTAL. Marky Mark and his err...extended prosthetic.

But best of all...Heather Graham...now that's a full frontal.

I think I got a full frontal (ere...view...yeah that's it...view) watching it. I know my teeth fell out on the floor again.

:D

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dear Zachary: A letter to a son about his father.

I'd never heard anything about this documentary or the case it involves until I stumbled on it today.. Having just watched it I have the utmost admiration for Kath and David Bagby. A very hard watch but compelling viewing

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A Quiet Place

People seemed to like this.  And there was a lot to like.  But so many decisions that had me shouting at the tv "why would you do that?!?!"  Got annoying.

Unrealized potential.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
A Quiet Place

People seemed to like this.  And there was a lot to like.  But so many decisions that had me shouting at the tv "why would you do that?!?!"  Got annoying.

Unrealized potential.

+1

And I rarely care about characters making dumb decisions.  But that movie was so egregiously dumb from the start that I just couldn't get into it.

It's a well-made, feature-length condom commercial, and not much else for me.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
POLAR (2019) on Netflix.

Very similar in style/tone to SMOKIN ACES, though more over the top and violent... So if you liked that, you will probably enjoy this too.  

7 out of 10.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
A Quiet Place

Unrealized potential.

Yussssssss

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A Quiet Place spoiler, I guess.

The fact that they even got anywhere near having a baby, and then the movie didn't bother to explain why they had a baby (Accident? On purpose?) made me rather angry.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so there's this waterfall where when near they can  make as much noise as they please right? Why did they not just build a little hut or something and just live down there? At the very least they could have went there when the wife was close to being due.  

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
so there's this waterfall where when near they can  make as much noise as they please right? Why did they not just build a little hut or something and just live down there? At the very least they could have went there when the wife was close to being due.  

A Quiet Place spoiler:

The family not giving up their farm with sustainable solar power, electricity and a panic room to go live in a cobbled together hut with no electricity (assuming Lee can cobble together a hut) makes perfect sense. Transporting materials would be a nightmare. The waterfall covers a lot of sounds, presumably building would be okay. So now the family is living in a place way worse in every way but everybody can make more sounds. That seems good on the face of it but then the children will not grow up with the discipline needed to survive in that world.

If it were real, I can't see any reason to want to build a new place by the waterfall. If I were an electrician, that's a different story. It would be smart to set up the baby birthing station there, though. I suppose it would not have mattered the way it actually played out but it would have been smart to plan for it there.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:

Gotta admit it. I wasn't smart enough to get it. But I think my dog did.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to find my episode of tales from the dark side where the giant rat eats the sweet little pussy just for your enjoyment.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:

The fact that they even got anywhere near having a baby, and then the movie didn't bother to explain why they had a baby (Accident? On purpose?) made me rather angry.

Unfortunately the reasoning behind this requires a watch of the supplemental material where Krasinski, Blunt, Woods and Beck reveal the character motivations.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blue Velvet Extended Edition
Fanedit by Q2

I have been anxiously anticipating this fanedit since I watched Northwest Passage. Thanks to a very gracious editor, I was able to get it. You know who you are. I am anticipating watching Murder House soon.

:D

As with Q2's other David Lynch edits, I was not dissapointed. The addition of the deleted scenes evolves an already convoluted plot and makes a few things flow better.

I prefer this version over both my original DVD release and my blu ray release.

A magnificent job! A masterpiece!

10/10 A general review
15/10 A review with my personal bias

On to Mulholland Drive  :D

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
TVs Frink said:

Unfortunately the reasoning behind this requires a watch of the supplemental material where Krasinski, Blunt, Woods and Beck reveal the character motivations.

One of the best things about A Quiet Place is the lack of exposition and how we are simply dropped straight in to their world. In my opinion its easy enough to justify a reason in your mind why or why not without needing to hear it from people who can't speak. I didn't feel it necessary to spoon feed everything the premise alone was enough in a film of this type that runs less than 90 mins
The pregnancy? Broken condom, no way to abort easily in an apocalypse. The whole pregnancy thing was the perfect ticking time bomb
Live by the waterfall?  In a hut? with no electric? a third child on the way? land to farm?  Will I get away with using the washing machine or will it be too noisy?

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds easier than trying to live with children in complete silence.

Top Bottom