• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Children of Men (2006)

man, what a masterpiece.

10/10

It's a masterpiece that is brilliant the first time and improves with each viewing. There's so much going on in the background, Cuaron always fills the whole frame purposefully but I think it is best done here. Not to mention there's so much symbolism, I catch something new almost every time I watch it. Just great. Now I'm going to rewatch the movie, thanks for the idea!

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bumblebee (2018)

I enjoyed this movie very much. Never really cared for any of the Transformers movie, actually barely remembered half of them, but this was a pretty good story. There were some silly bits that made me roll my eyes sometimes, but I wouldn't consider a bad movie by any means. Mostly I was just captivated by the fantastic CGI of Bumblebee himself and how I could feel the emotion and feelings of a completely CG character when interacting with Charlie, the main character in such a real way. 8/10.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jeremiah Johnson (1972)
Fantastic acting by a fantastic cast. A movie that proves less is more. 8.5/10

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need to watch Jeremiah Johnson again. It's such a beautiful, haunting movie.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bird Box (2018) 

The new netflix thriller that drew comparisons to 'A Quiet Place'. The premise is initially promising but doesn't lend itself well to film as a medium. As a result after a fairly decent opening act this descends into tedium and doesn't really have enough substance for more than a 60 minute black mirror episode. Where AQP kept to a brisk and very tense 90 mins this stretches out over two hours and by an hour in was simply a chore to get through. Bullock is dependable as ever while Malkovich chews scenery as per normal. Just about OK

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched Superman 2 for the first time. I went for the Donner cut, but maybe I should've watched the theatrical cut first. 
It was good, but overall didn't feel like it had much substance? It wasn't nearly as good as the first movie.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bumblebee. 

Finally. A real Transformers film. 

Funny, fun, exciting, well-acted and full of heart. I want more.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hancock (2008)
Meh....I just couldn't get into this one. The camera work was pretty terrible too with excessive shakiness and facial close ups. The narrative was so ambiguous that the story suffered beyond repair for me. 3/10

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Peppermint (2018)

Nothing special in this revenge "female Death Wish - Taken style - with drug dealers" movie, but it's well done.
Jennifer Garner still have it. If you like her, if you like those kind of movies, then it's good entertainment for you.
If you don't want to watch this same kind of movies AGAIN, then you should probably watch something else.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched Paul Blart Mall Cop. I went in expecting an awful but somewhat laughable film. What a got was a straight up Die Hard parody that I genuinely enjoyed. Though then again, I've come to realize that I'm far too easily amused. But hey, Roger Ebert apparently gave it 3 out of 4 stars.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Birdbox 2018   
Movie had a lot of similarities to the happening,a quiet place,The mist, also the book of eli.it had some suspenseful moments but the characters were predictable a me one dimensional. The movie was also drawn out making it overly long. The first 5minutes is set in the future so I found it hard to connect to the characters in the flashback scenes because you could guess their fates.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ready Player One
It perfectly captures both the illustrative imagination and the vapid emptiness of the eighties and media of the time, and manages to emulate some of the charm, but unfortunately has none of the heart. I don't understand the rules and limits of the world and I don't feel the characters behind the avatars, unlike, for example, in Avatar, so it doesn't feel genuine.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aquaman (2018)

What a fuckin' disaster of a script.  Pretty and cool to look at tho, 6/10.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched Death to Smoochy. Everyone I watched it with (two had seen it already, one watched it for the first time  as did I) disliked it. I absolutely loved it and every aspect of it. I've been known to have controversial film opinions in the past, some films I like and acknowledge they're not great, though this one I genuinely loved. Will watch again sometime.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tully

Impressive kitchensink drama from Jason Reitman, Charlize Theron undergoes one of her 'Monster' physical transformations again and deserves Oscar buzz for her performance here regardless of that. Happy to see Mark Duplass in support always lifts a film that extra notch for me. The less you know about the film the better, highly recommended.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Tully

Impressive kitchensink drama from Jason Reitman, Charlize Theron undergoes one of her 'Monster' physical transformations again and deserves Oscar buzz for her performance here regardless of that. Happy to see Mark Duplass in support always lifts a film that extra notch for me. The less you know about the film the better, highly recommended.

Even though I "figured it out" early on, that didn't diminish the film for me. Great performance and a solid movie.

I saw 'Bad Time as the El Royale' last night. Overall, I enjoyed it. It was not exactly what I was expecting (double crossing, gunfights and treasure hunting). It subverted my expectations at almost every turn but I quite enjoyed that. It is a very clever movie, its structure and plot are really fun to see converge and twist. That being said, it goes for an emotional finale that doesn't really work for me. I enjoyed watching the plot machinations for a couple hours but I didn't really care about the characters. Cynthia Erivo is pretty great in this and almost got me there, but in the end it was more about enjoying the plot structure than investing emotionally in the characters.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch bad, bother not.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch bad, bother not.

That's a bummer to hear. I'll be watching this one tomorrow night. Black Mirror is one of the few things that is appointment viewing for me, my gf and my oldest kid. The kid is PUMPED about the choose your adventure aspect. It made me a bit nervous, your comment even more so.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haven't watched the series, but I saw the trailer for the Bandersnatch movie and was annoyed at the "stop taking your meds and magical things will happen to you!"

Top Bottom