• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Without any spoilers... do you think you need to have watched Rocky-V to get this new one? I watched it but so long ago that I remember almost zero.

No it is not necessary.  The movie recaps Rocky IV very well.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would give it a rewatch for entertainment value, there's at least one cameo in Creed 2 I didn't expect that might have been awkward on set.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Da Vinci Code (2006)
Tom Hanks, Ian McKellen, Ron Howard, Hans Zimmer, good script, great cinematography, gripping pace, etc etc. Besides the overuse in cinema of Bettany's cheeks, I can't find much wrong with this movie. I'm going to have to go buy this movie now. 9/10 (only because I need to watch it more before I could give it a 10).

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Truman Show (1998)

I watched this with my wife for the first time over the weekend, and we very much enjoyed it. Clever, well acted, and quirky, it surprised me and made for a fun viewing. I hadn't realized I'd missed what seems like a rather culturally important movie of the 90s, and it was great to finally cross it off my list. Definitely recommended to everyone.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Siliconmaster said:
The Truman Show (1998)

I hadn't realized I'd missed what seems like a rather culturally important movie of the 90s, and it was great to finally cross it off my list. Definitely recommended to everyone.

It is a great movie indeed,  on a side note the movie Snowpiercer always reminds me of this film too, both feature Ed Harris as a self appointed deity and the plot of both movies while wildly different on the surface have a lot of parallels and similarities. I definitely think Ed Harris's casting here was the reason he was cast in that too..

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
The Da Vinci Code (2006)
Tom Hanks, Ian McKellen, Ron Howard, Hans Zimmer, good script, great cinematography, gripping pace, etc etc. Besides the overuse in cinema of Bettany's cheeks, I can't find much wrong with this movie. I'm going to have to go buy this movie now. 9/10 (only because I need to watch it more before I could give it a 10).

Wow. Surprised by this. I’ve only read one Dan Brown book and I can see the ideas in this movie working in print. But to me, the whole thing was so expository. It was like a series of TED talks strung together to create a completely implausible plot.

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
It is a great movie indeed,  on a side note the movie Snowpiercer always reminds me of this film too, both feature Ed Harris as a self appointed deity and the plot of both movies while wildly different on the surface have a lot of parallels and similarities. I definitely think Ed Harris's casting here was the reason he was cast in that too..

How did I not realize that was Ed Harris!?? I still need to see Snowpiercer too, and now I have one more reason!

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
The Da Vinci Code (2006)

Wow. Surprised by this. I’ve only read one Dan Brown book and I can see the ideas in this movie working in print. But to me, the whole thing was so expository. It was like a series of TED talks strung together to create a completely implausible plot.

Yes have to agree, I read the book before the movie came out and it was a really gripping page turner.The pace of it, it's short chapters and every chapter ending on a cliffhanger reminded a lot of the TV series 24.  That turned out to be well founded as the producers of 24 looked into the possibility of purchasing the rights for the third season of 24 or so I heard.  I found the movie very plodding and packed with Basil Exposition,  my friends who hadn't read the book though enjoyed it much more.  I think the general consensus is if you read the book the film disappointed as is often the case.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had not, and still have not, read the book. I’ve read another Dan Brown book though. The name escapes me but it was fairly recent. I saw the movie long before reading any Brown.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm about to go meet Joe Black.
I'll post my thoughts afterwards. Conceptually I think I'll absolutely love it, though we'll see.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well... 
Meet Joe Black might be my new favorite film.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How did I not know that Crash Bandicoot had a movie in 2004?!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Well... 

One of the first movies that I gave Brad Pitt a chance on and was blown away.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
jrWHAG42 said:
Well... 

One of the first movies that I gave Brad Pitt a chance on and was blown away.

I've only seen two films starring Brad Pitt, he hasn't let me down yet.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMG_20181205_125104.jpg

I guess my father has a personal hatred for this film. I'll have to ask him more about it sometime.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
That’s your father?

Yes, yes it is. Crisp Rat is his funny way of spelling Chris Pratt.

Top Bottom