If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------
Spoorgos (The Vanishing) 1988
Having watched Agent Sam Stanleys edit I thought I should give this a go as a point of reference having only seen the U.S version. Its hard to fully appreciate it knowing the outcome from the outset but its definitely darker and the bad guy here is a much more malevolent presence than Jeff Bridges was in the 93 remake. Agent Sam has done a good job with reshaping the 93 version to this..
My wife and I were browsing Netflix last night and not coming up with much. Both of us love Heist movies, so we decided to give this one a chance. We weren’t optimistic given Cage’s involvement and the direct to video nature of it. But it was better than expected at least for the first two thirds. Kinda fell apart in the last act and strangely was very different in tone from the rest of the movie. 

(02-20-2018, 03:01 PM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: My wife and I were browsing Netflix last night and not coming up with much. Both of us love Heist movies, so we decided to give this one a chance. We weren’t optimistic given Cage’s involvement and the direct to video nature of it. But it was better than expected at least for the first two thirds. Kinda fell apart in the last act and strangely was very different in tone from the rest of the movie. 

Would you recommend?
^I thought Trust was a pretty decent movie, its the best thing Cage has done recently which admittedly isn't a glowing endorsement
(02-20-2018, 03:33 PM)Sinbad Wrote: ^I thought Trust was a pretty decent movie, its the best thing Cage has done recently which admittedly isn't a glowing endorsement

Pretty much this. Yup. It got a few genuine laughs from me too. What happened to Cage. Raising Arizona, Birdy, Wild at Heart, Adaptation... so many good movies and excellent performances.
(02-20-2018, 03:44 PM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 03:33 PM)Sinbad Wrote: ^I thought Trust was a pretty decent movie, its the best thing Cage has done recently which admittedly isn't a glowing endorsement

Pretty much this. Yup. It got a few genuine laughs from me too. What happened to Cage. Raising Arizona, Birdy, Wild at Heart, Adaptation... so many good movies and excellent performances.

I guess after National Treasure he took the Anthony Hopkins/Cirian Hinds/Malcom McDowell route and realized he had enough of a career to do whatever he wanted.
(02-13-2018, 06:37 PM)maniac Wrote: The Ritual (2017 - David Bruckner)
Some guys are going on a trip in the woods and of course some very weird stuff is happening
 BORING
Went into this with low expectations tonight, I thought it was really pretty darn good. The reveal in the last act was handled pretty well I thought. Its a mish mash of a few horror classics but definitely one of the best horrors I've seen in the last year or two.