• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
 though I guess for me personally I'm always half expecting the 'I'll be back' type moment.

LOL, then I guess you won't be into my T2 edit  :p

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need to watch that actually, Its T2 minus the cheese isn't it and well... I guess I know a certain edit in that now  :p. I'm much more a fan of the theatrical cut than the extended edition though, the extra scenes were cool to see but I love the pace of the original 130 minute version.

Im keen to see the reworked 'bad to the bone' scene too alot of work involved in that eh..

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the theatrical more than the extended as well. I tried to keep the pacing of the original, minus some cheese, adding back in a touch of the SE.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lifeforce - No words. Brother challenged me to fanedit it. Challenge accepted.

Fantastic Voyage - Weak setup, wooden acting, zero character dynamics - but also, good music and impressive visuals (for the time). Could easily edit this down to like 40 minutes -  it would be much more enjoyable, and you'd  still have time to take in all the eye candy.

Anchorman: Whammy Edition (fanedit) - Provoked audible merriment. Doesn't replace the theatrical, but well worth the watch.

Godzilla Rises (fanedit) - Nicely edited, better paced and much more enjoyable. Was a drama, now a monster movie (as it should be). Trumps the theatrical hands down.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Lifeforce - No words. Brother challenged me to fanedit it. Challenge accepted.

Just know, if you cut any nudity you enter my Hall of Shame list.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was gonna say the same thing, No cutting the gOOd bits!

Die Hard 2 : Die Harder
Thought I'd give it another look shouldn't have bothered, one or two decent moments but on the whole a very generic entry, with lame humour. The fourth one is much better even though McClane has none of the vulnerabilty from the earlier movies.

Die Hard With a Vengeance much more in keeping with the original, McClane feels more like himself in this one unlike DH2. The last half hour or so gets ridiculous something that seems to get overlooked in this but was slated in LFODH. DH3 and 4 about equal for me. The first film is action movie perfection (still couldn't resist an edit though)

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, guys, but some nudity will be cut - In particular, I'll be trimming that incredibly overlong sex-dream sequence. 

Neglify said:
Just you know, if you cut any nudity you enter my Hall of Shame list.

Just you know that if you do that, I'll be marking you down as well... 

giphy.gif

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Die Hard With a Vengeance much more in keeping with the original, McClane feels more like himself in this one unlike DH2. The last half hour or so gets ridiculous something that seems to get overlooked in this but was slated in LFODH. DH3 and 4 about equal for me. The first film is action movie perfection (still couldn't resist an edit though)

I think the first and third are the same director, which is interesting, because the third is pretty different - although, as you say, it still maintains that Die Hard feel.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A Ghost Story (2017)

AGhostStory_01.jpg

Super slow movie (shot in 4:3 ratio) about what it is to be a ghost. 
Metaphysical poetry for some, artsy borefest for others... but not a horror movie, at all.
I was bored during the first 20 minutes but the movie grew on me and I must say I liked it by the end.
Not for everyone though. Be warned.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shot in 4:3?  What is this, the Stone Ages?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moon (2009)

Really good.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Its more like 4.3333333 some nice curved edges to that AR

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Shot in 4:3?  What is this, the Stone Ages?

its more like 4.3333 some nice curved edges to that AR

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ai shekund dat opinyun: the moon score is very noss.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Romancing the Stone, hadn't seen this for a long time and it holds up pretty well I think.  Zemeckis produced some of his best work when he was riffing off Speilberg in the 80's. Kathleen Turner is gorgeous and I think this is one of Michael Douglas's best roles too if somewhat forgotten nowadays. I may rewatch Jewel of the Nile now, from memory though it was a fairly uninspired rush job of a follow up.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DAE MOON LE UNDISCOVERED GEM?!?!1010111!!

I know the holiday seasons are over and this isn't technically the last movie I watched (That would be Split, which was great)

But The Muppet Christmas Carol is by far my favourite adaptation of the classic Dickens tale. Michael Caine is a revelation as Scrooge, the Muppets make perfect sense in their respective roles and good heavens the songs are so catchy THEY'RE STILL STUCK IN MY BLOODY HEAD

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
 The Muppet Christmas Carol is by far my favourite adaptation of the classic Dickens tale. Michael Caine is a revelation as Scrooge, the Muppets make perfect sense in their respective roles and good heavens the songs are so catchy THEY'RE STILL STUCK IN MY BLOODY HEAD

So good. 

I had reasons for fanediting it, I swear.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^I don't disagree with any of the changes you made. Especially the Penguin's Christmas Skating Party bit.

Top Bottom