• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
The Scribbling Man said:
If you take fanedits out of the equation, I think AOTC is the best of the PT. Simply because it's so bad it's hilarious. Whereas Phantom Menace is boring and Revenge of The Sith is basically a cartoon (which I find both boring and unwatchable). But there's something so bloody entertaining about AOTC...

I disagree. For me, TPM is mediocre, AotC is boring and complete dogshit, and I like Revenge of the Sith and think it's a quite flawed but good movie, best of the PT. Overall, a very mediocre trilogy, but I enjoy I and III.

EDIT: Now someone's going to "FTFY" me, right? :D

Call me a "dummy", but what the FTFY does "FTFY" stand for?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Call me a "dummy", but what the FTFY does "FTFY" stand for?

"Feel the Force Yo!"

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only one of the prequels Ive sat through more than once is phantom menace. I decided to give the prequels another go just before TFA came out but couldn't face the other two after rewatching TPM. I quite liked Sith on first viewing, Clones is beyond awful, I have a feeling I might dislike Sith more on a second viewing though.  Darth Maul is the only saving grace from the first two films IMHO..

edit: On a side note I actually work with Gareth Edwards brother-in-law (Edwards originates about 10 miles from where I live) heard quite a few interesting stories about some of the troubles during Rogue Ones production.  Also got my Godzilla and Monsters blu rays signed by the man himself

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm surprised we haven't seen any rankings of all the SW movies to date here. I'll be that guy. Favorite to least favorite:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
  2. Star Wars
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. The Force Awakens
  5. Rogue One
  6. The Last Jedi
  7. The Phantom Menace
  8. The Star Wars Holiday Special
  9. Caravan of Courage
  10. The Battle for Endor
  11. Revenge of the Sith
  12. Attack of the Clones
  13. The Clone Wars
Yes, the SWHS is a better story than Attack of the Clones...

822.gif

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1 Empire Strikes Back
2 Star Wars
3 Return Of The Jedi
4 Rogue One
5 The Force Awakens
6 Revenge of the Sith 
7 Phantom Menace
8 Attack of the Clones

Im expecting Jedi to be 5 or 6 when I see it going by the review consensus.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All About Eve
(Joseph L. Mankiewicz 1950)

- A very talkative masterpiece about egos and betrayals in the world of theater. 9/10

Oh, and:

- Return Of The Jedi (first because the third act of the movie is still the ultimate Star Wars experience to me)
- Empire Strikes Back (objectively the best movie, but, as with Temple of Doom and Raiders, I find myself watching more the "lesser" movie... so I think it is fair to put ROTJ in first position.)
- Star Wars (only third because I think the pace of the movie starts to show its age a bit)
- The Last Jedi (maybe fourth because i've only seen it once, time will tell)
- The Force Awakens (in the middle because it's neither "amazing" nor bad. It's a good Star Wars best off with a good new cast and Ford kicking ass)
- Rogue One (could have been above TFA if the actors were as good as in TFA and the first part a bit better)
- The Phantom Menace (above the others because, at the time it at least looked like a good teaser for the rest of the trilogy and it took risks to expand the world)
- Revenge Of The Sith (above AOTC because it at least, and finaly, tells some of the things the audience wanted to see in a Star Wars prequel).
- Attack Of The Clones (last because nothing can really save it)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Currently working on my final thoughts on the saga and thinking about The Last Jedi, so I will post my ranking to the main Star Wars thread when I'm done.

@"ThrowgnCpr" The Prequels weren't good (I know, I hate Attack of the Clones too) but calling The Holiday Special better than those is just absolutely ridiculous. Just... no.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
@"ThrowgnCpr" The Prequels weren't good (I know, I hate Attack of the Clones too) but calling The Holiday Special better than those is just absolutely ridiculous. Just... no.

Go back and reread my post. I didn't call the Holiday Special a better movie, I listed the SW films from my favorite to least favorite. I actually get enjoyment from watching the Holiday Special, I do not from AOTC or ROTS. The SWHS falls into that "so bad, it's good" category.

A lot of people get more enjoyment from watching The Room or Sharknado than from watching some high-budget Hollywood movies. That doesn't necessarily make them "better" films if you are looking through a critic's lens. But if you are basing it purely on enjoyment, maybe it does...

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"ThrowgnCpr" Touche, but in my defense you said “better story” so that confused me :p

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
than AOTC? Yeah, it probably is. :D

The intent I kinda-sorta like. But execution-wise, I agree of course. At least the character development of Han/Chewie etc. wasn’t shit in the Holiday Special.

But I don’t agree about RotS.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I no longer have the energy to argue about RotS. I still find it a crap movie, from all aspects. We'll have to just agree to disagree.

But yeah, that bromance in the SWHS is pretty great ;)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I no longer have the energy to argue about RotS. I still find it a crap movie, from all aspects. We'll have to just agree to disagree.

But yeah, that bromance in the SWHS is pretty great ;)

Completely agreed, I don't want to beat a dead horse either.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last movie: Lost City of Z (I’ve avtually got about a half hour to go).  I like it. 

Ranking SW movies:

Empire
SW
Rogue One (Digmodification’s edit)
RotJ
TLJ
TFA
RotS
TPM

AotC

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last movie: The Last Jedi (in fact, I'm about to see it again later this morning...)

Ranking SW movies: (NB: Based on nostalgia, enjoyment and general Star-Wars-y-ness)

A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Rogue One
The Last Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
The Force Awakens
The Phantom Menace
The Clone Wars
Attack of the Clones

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Completely agreed, I don't want to beat a dead horse either.

you mean laser sword a dead horse?

article-1342637040825-141b633d000005dc-651952_636x334.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mindhorn - Washed-up 80s TV actor (who spectacularly burned all his bridges) has to return and play the Bionic-Man-style character in real life. Some parts feel like they played it too safe and predictable but some parts go to very dark and crazy-fun places that I never expected. A mixed bag but a bag well worth taking a look into. (New to Amazon Prime).

DifficultGreenHagfish-size_restricted.gif

(btw... There is a little joke during the death scene of a particular character that is one of the darkest and funniest things I've seen all year. Worth the ticket price alone)

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

This has been on my to watch list for a while. Glad it's now on amazon. My brother watched it the other day and his verdict was pretty similar.

Top Bottom