If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)
(12-18-2017, 08:50 AM)Masirimso17 Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 08:41 AM)The Scribbling Man Wrote: If you take fanedits out of the equation, I think AOTC is the best of the PT. Simply because it's so bad it's hilarious. Whereas Phantom Menace is boring and Revenge of The Sith is basically a cartoon (which I find both boring and unwatchable). But there's something so bloody entertaining about AOTC...

I disagree. For me, TPM is mediocre, AotC is boring and complete dogshit, and I like Revenge of the Sith and think it's a quite flawed but good movie, best of the PT. Overall, a very mediocre trilogy, but I enjoy I and III.

EDIT: Now someone's going to "FTFY" me, right? Big Grin

Call me a "dummy", but what the FTFY does "FTFY" stand for?
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
(12-18-2017, 09:03 AM)The Scribbling Man Wrote: Call me a "dummy", but what the FTFY does "FTFY" stand for?

"Feel the Force Yo!"
(12-18-2017, 09:03 AM)The Scribbling Man Wrote: Call me a "dummy", but what the FTFY does "FTFY" stand for?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ftfy
The only one of the prequels Ive sat through more than once is phantom menace. I decided to give the prequels another go just before TFA came out but couldn't face the other two after rewatching TPM. I quite liked Sith on first viewing, Clones is beyond awful, I have a feeling I might dislike Sith more on a second viewing though.  Darth Maul is the only saving grace from the first two films IMHO..

edit: On a side note I actually work with Gareth Edwards brother-in-law (Edwards originates about 10 miles from where I live) heard quite a few interesting stories about some of the troubles during Rogue Ones production.  Also got my Godzilla and Monsters blu rays signed by the man himself
I'm surprised we haven't seen any rankings of all the SW movies to date here. I'll be that guy. Favorite to least favorite:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
  2. Star Wars
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. The Force Awakens
  5. Rogue One
  6. The Last Jedi
  7. The Phantom Menace
  8. The Star Wars Holiday Special
  9. Caravan of Courage
  10. The Battle for Endor
  11. Revenge of the Sith
  12. Attack of the Clones
  13. The Clone Wars
Yes, the SWHS is a better story than Attack of the Clones...

[Image: 822.gif]
1 Empire Strikes Back
2 Star Wars
3 Return Of The Jedi
4 Rogue One
5 The Force Awakens
6 Revenge of the Sith 
7 Phantom Menace
8 Attack of the Clones

Im expecting Jedi to be 5 or 6 when I see it going by the review consensus.
All About Eve
(Joseph L. Mankiewicz 1950)

- A very talkative masterpiece about egos and betrayals in the world of theater. 9/10

Oh, and:

- Return Of The Jedi (first because the third act of the movie is still the ultimate Star Wars experience to me)
- Empire Strikes Back (objectively the best movie, but, as with Temple of Doom and Raiders, I find myself watching more the "lesser" movie... so I think it is fair to put ROTJ in first position.)
- Star Wars (only third because I think the pace of the movie starts to show its age a bit)
- The Last Jedi (maybe fourth because i've only seen it once, time will tell)
- The Force Awakens (in the middle because it's neither "amazing" nor bad. It's a good Star Wars best off with a good new cast and Ford kicking ass)
- Rogue One (could have been above TFA if the actors were as good as in TFA and the first part a bit better)
- The Phantom Menace (above the others because, at the time it at least looked like a good teaser for the rest of the trilogy and it took risks to expand the world)
- Revenge Of The Sith (above AOTC because it at least, and finaly, tells some of the things the audience wanted to see in a Star Wars prequel).
- Attack Of The Clones (last because nothing can really save it)
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
Currently working on my final thoughts on the saga and thinking about The Last Jedi, so I will post my ranking to the main Star Wars thread when I'm done.

ThrowgnCpr The Prequels weren't good (I know, I hate Attack of the Clones too) but calling The Holiday Special better than those is just absolutely ridiculous. Just... no.
(12-19-2017, 02:08 PM)Masirimso17 Wrote: ThrowgnCpr The Prequels weren't good (I know, I hate Attack of the Clones too) but calling The Holiday Special better than those is just absolutely ridiculous. Just... no.

Go back and reread my post. I didn't call the Holiday Special a better movie, I listed the SW films from my favorite to least favorite. I actually get enjoyment from watching the Holiday Special, I do not from AOTC or ROTS. The SWHS falls into that "so bad, it's good" category.

A lot of people get more enjoyment from watching The Room or Sharknado than from watching some high-budget Hollywood movies. That doesn't necessarily make them "better" films if you are looking through a critic's lens. But if you are basing it purely on enjoyment, maybe it does...
ThrowgnCpr Touche, but in my defense you said “better story” so that confused me Tongue