If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)
Butcher, Baker, Nightmare maker
An excellent horror film from 1982, finally on Blu-ray
In my country it was released on video as "Nightwarning"
Susan Tyrell plays absolutely brilliant as the psychotic woman
A must see for the horror freaks

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Butcher-Ba...ay/183458/
The Monster (2016):
A good little indy survival/horror movie that is in fact more a character driven story between an immature mother and her daughter.
Good acting and visual style but would have been better with a bear as a threat rather than a true monster (good design, but still a man inside a suit..).

The seven Year itch (1955):
I always love Marilyn Monroe and the beginning is a good starting point, but the movie is playing the same jokes all along and I felt the story never really started.
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
(11-21-2017, 04:12 PM)TMBTM Wrote: The seven Year itch (1955):
I always love Marilyn Monroe and the beginning is a good starting point, but the movie is playing the same jokes all along and I felt the story never really started.

Been a while since I've seen that one. I'm generally a fan of many of the Billy Wilder films I've seen. Seven Year Itch I remember enjoying, but not considering it particularly as one of his best, despite it being fairly famous. Same with Some Like It Hot.
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
Hacksaw Ridge

Unrealistic, overblown and overacted - but enjoyable, well made and inspiring all the same. 

Apart from some slightly overlong battle scenes, nearly every scene serves a purpose, whether it's developing a character or moving the story forward. You don't get many movies this well constructed any more.

IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
Hacksaw Ridge really had an old school filmaking sensibility to it, I love Mel Gibson's directorial efforts, especially Apocalypto as a rollercoaster ride I honestly think its up there with Terminator and Die Hard. 

Geostorm - zero expectations, bad acting, ludicrous plot, half baked special effects, But.. i had fun watching it and wasn't bored. That has to count for something surely...
(11-24-2017, 06:04 PM)Sinbad Wrote: Hacksaw Ridge really had an old school filmaking sensibility to it, I love Mel Gibson's directorial efforts, especially Apocalypto as a rollercoaster ride I honestly think its up there with Terminator and Die Hard. 

Geostorm - zero expectations, bad acting, ludicrous plot, half baked special effects, But.. i had fun watching it and wasn't bored. That has to count for something surely...

I think Braveheart might be the only other Mel Gibson movie I've seen.

I highly recommend Apocalypto its a brilliant piece of film making...
(11-24-2017, 06:13 PM)Sinbad Wrote: I highly recommend Apocalypto its a brilliant piece of film making...

I'll put it on the list!

(11-12-2017, 04:49 AM)Juniquex Wrote: The Ridiculous Menace (Frink) - bloody hilarious. I pulled a muscle in my back from laughing. 9/10

Just noticed this...thank you, and thank you also for the IFDb review.  Hope you enjoy the sequel. Smile
Logan Lucky
Not a bad watch doesn't break any new ground in the heist genre but entertaining enough for most of its runtime.

Santa Claus The Movie (1985)
One to keep the kids happy, remembered it being better than actually is, John Lithgow has the only noteworthy role in it. 

Blue Thunder (1983)
A rewatch for a potential edit, this was the greatest movie ever when I was a kid, a lot of it holds up well today and the aerial action scenes in Downtown L.A still impress..