• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Slumberland - Episode I: Rise of the Sith

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Slumberland
What is it about? This fan edit of George Lucas's first Star Wars prequel offers a streamlined take on the highly-anticipated opening chapter to the story of Anakin Skywalker.

original film name: Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace
film studio name :20th Century Fox / Lucas Films
Date Edit Was Released :2006
Cuts removed/added/extended :

* too many to mention, no scene was left unharmed

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

For a thousand generations, the Galactic Republic has thrived, protected by the
noble knights of the JEDI ORDER. Now, after years of peace, dark forces
threaten to cast the galaxy into turmoil. In an attempt to control the abundant
resources of the planet Naboo, the nefarious Trade Federation has surrounded the
planet with a blockade of deadly battleships. With the Galactic Senate slow to
act in Naboo's defense, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi
Knights to settle the conflict....

This fan edit of George Lucas's first Star Wars prequel offers a streamlined
take on the highly-anticipated opening chapter to the story of Anakin Skywalker.
Notable changes include widespread excision of redundant dialogue, a shorter
introduction to the pod race, no pod race announcers or Jabba the Hutt, a toned
down Jar Jar with a focus on removing modern colloquialisms, a heavily trimmed
lead-up to the final battle, and the removal of the ending celebration.

No scene has been left untouched.

Special thanks to the crew at originaltrilogy.com, Rikter, and especially my
friends for their interest in the project.

And to my dad for instilling in me a frighteningly single-minded love for Star
Wars.

- Slumberland

DVD layout and features:

1. Static menu.
2. Chapter Stops.

persons involved: Slumberland

IMAGES

sw1_front.jpg

I love this fan edit to bits. It's the best version of Episode I I've seen, and I've clapped eyes on a fair few. My only wish? That the cringe-inducing scene (after Qui-Gon's been stabbed) of Jar Jar declaring "Mesa give up" before the battle droids had been removed.

I recently lost this edit and I've been having trouble returning it to my collection via RS because of missing rars.

I am new to this forum so if anyone can possibly assist me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the prompt reply zeppelinrox.

I'm afraid that in my newness to things here I wasn't clear with my problem.

There seems to be rars (or at least one, part10) missing from the actual directory which I downloaded from the place you directed me to (assuming that there is meant to be a part10).

In either case it's not unpacking.

I see the problem.
The .dlc has the right number of rar files, but there is no part 10 but two of them are named part 06.
Try renaming 1 of them to be part 10 and if it doesn't work, switch the names around.
Maybe it will work

Forgive my ignorance but I haven't a clue how to do that I can only open the dlc via jDownloader .

This turning into a bit of a learning curve experience for me, hopefully once I've got it done once I will be able to do it all for myself.

I previously got hold this edit from a now expunged trnt site so I rather green to the whole RS experience.

How would I go about renaming the doubled up rar? (jDownloader I assume is seeing both part06's and not bothering to download the second one).

well, goto the folder where it's downloading to.
rename the part 6 that is in there to something else and have jDownloader download the other part 6.

Cheers I'll give it a go (fingers, toes and teeth crossed).

sorry, but part10 was missing. Part6 was uploaded twice. This has been repaired. The new dlc contains all the correct links.

I cleared my cache just to be on the safe side and downloaded the directory again and when I opened it there were still two parts 6 and no part 10.

I'm sorry to be a pain but could you please check it again and if it is ok at your end could you possibly suggest what I'm doing wrong.

*****UPDATE*****

Tried it on another computer and it's working fine.

Thanks for helping.

This is now available on Megashares via info.

This is once again available on MS via info.

Back
Top Bottom