• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

CBR List of 15 Fan Edits Better Than Original

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Comic Book Resources posted a list of their 15 favourite fan edits.  Though oddly they do not go into great detail or mention the name of the fan editor or even our site.   But the majority of these fan edits originated on our site and were created by members of our community.

http://www.cbr.com/better-fan-movie-edits/

:D

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow that's pretty awesome :) Thanks for sharing this bob!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice article! Also a bit surprising that Adywan isn't mentioned, but still worth a read.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great article!  To go in an opposite direction to @"TomH1138", I'm surprised that I was mentioned.  Wish the article included names of the editors.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Nice article! Also a bit surprising that Adywan isn't mentioned, but still worth a read.

They should have replaced Despecialized with Revisited.  Despecialized is not better than the original, it (for all intents and purposes) is the original.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great article, likely written by someone who has never seen any of the fan edits they're talking about.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
Great article, likely written by someone who has never seen any of the fan edits they're talking about.

What are you talking about? I've seen all of those....err I mean I'm sure the author has watched all of those. ;) kidding of course

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
They should have replaced Despecialized with Revisited.  Despecialized is not better than the original, it (for all intents and purposes) is the original.

Agreed! 

I wonder if the author realized that Despecialized and Revisited aren't the same thing. There seems to be a little confusion in the article, anyway. The author says Despecialized are Blu-ray quality, but I'm pretty sure they're DVD quality. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

And as musiced921 mentioned, it would have been nice for the editors themselves to be acknowledged.

Still, it's a nice article that creates positive attention for the art form. :)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry Tom but you're wrong - Despecialized is 720p.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh MCP, when will the concept of human time cease to befuddle you?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like that the list is a mix of old and more recent edits (like Rise of the Rebellion)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rise of the Rebellion is a pretty light edit, mostly aiming to make it feel more in line with other Star Wars films by making slight changes like adding an opening crawl and removing the planet title cards. It also restores the deleted scenes to fill narrative holes. The best change, however, is some minor color correction to the Tarkin and Leia CGI models that make them look a thousand times more realistic.

I don't recall any deleted scenes being added, or hell, any deleted scenes being released at all

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I was a bit confused there as well. Maybe they thought the crawl was a deleted scene?

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Yeah, I was a bit confused there as well. Maybe they thought the crawl was a deleted scene?

The author didn't watch any of the edits.  It's an amalgamation of edits that one can find info on from other articles.

drumspace

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have seen a few of these.  I love love love the rogue one edit.  I am confused though.  I was under the impression that the "topher grace cut" had not circulated on the web.  Am i wrong on this, or does it go by another name?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
drumspace said:
I have seen a few of these.  I love love love the rogue one edit.  I am confused though.  I was under the impression that the "topher grace cut" had not circulated on the web.  Am i wrong on this, or does it go by another name?

It hasn't at all. The closest edit to it would probably be The Empire Begins, but that runs a lot longer than Grace's edit

Top Bottom