• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Movies Anywhere

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
movies-everywhere-logo-featured-black.jpg

For over a year, I've been frustrated with my digital copies. I opted to go Vudu and was left with inaccessible movies (edit wise). I looked to see if I could migrate my digital copies to itunes, but found that was blocked. Today I learned about Movies Anywhere. FINALLY, a service links ALL of the major online digital copy services and shares your movies across them. That's right, Vudu is now sharing with itunes. They are giving away five free movies after connecting services (The Lego Movie, Ghostbusters 2016, Ice Age, Big Hero 6 and Jason Bourne). All the major studios except for Paramount and Lionsgate have signed on to this cross platform option. Here's hoping these two jump on board and allow the consumers the choice and access we deserve.

moviesanywhere.png

It also makes finding your movies a hell of a lot easier since nearly all of them are shared between services, or you can use the Movies Anywhere app to list them.

Cool! It looks like Amazon can also be linked.

I wasn't too excited when I heard that Disney was broadening its app to work for other companies because I don't have a lot of digital copies. If they ever allowed us to upload our DVD copies onto the cloud, that make it more exciting. But as it is, it's still pretty cool.

One question that I haven't found the answer to yet: All of the emphasis in the promotion is on *movies* being viewable regardless of what platform you've bought them on. Most of what I've bought digitally are episodes of *TV shows.* Are those included?

No, TV shows aren't included. Only movies.

DigModiFicaTion said:
All the major studios except for Paramount and Lionsgate have signed on to this cross platform option. Here's hoping these two jump on board and allow the consumers the choice and access we deserve.

That explains why my Star Trek and James Bond movies aren't showing up.

Do we know why those two aren't in on this? What are the implications for UltraViolet, I thought it was basically the same idea, except it had Paramount and Lionsgate on board without Disney.

Thanks for the link.
I looked around.

Back
Top Bottom