• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sports

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did see a thread about sports, so I created this one.   I hope that is okay with powers that be.  This thread is for talking about sports.  Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer ... etc, both pro and college  whatever other level.    Obviously, lets keep the discussion away from areas where sports might coincide with politics(the anthem kneeling for example).  

What are your favorite sports?  

What teams are you a fan of?  

My favorite sport is football.  I also like baseball.   I am a fan a the Philadelphia Eagles and the Philadelphia Phillies.     I also considered myself a fan of the Temple Owls football team(I never went to school there, but they are closest Division 1A team there is).   I also go to my highschool's football games(I got that from my father).  

Eagles play the Chargers this week.  Go Eagles!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anything that can be done entirely while sitting down does not count as a sport.  And that includes race car driving.

Which is not to take away from the talent required in either case, but they ain't sports.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Anything that can be done entirely while sitting down does not count as a sport.

I disagree...
141100_-_Athletics_wheelchair_racing_racers_from_above_2_-_3b_-_2000_Sydney_race_photo.jpg

That'd put a lot of water sports outside of the "sports" category, too.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Amended: Anything that can be done entirely while sitting down and does not involve self-propulsion does not count as a sport.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
TVs Frink said:
Anything that can be done entirely while sitting down does not count as a sport. 

I disagree...
141100_-_Athletics_wheelchair_racing_racers_from_above_2_-_3b_-_2000_Sydney_race_photo.jpg

That'd put a lot of water sports outside of the "sports" category, too.

I agree, that is a sport.  

But, why would not counting things done while sitting down put water sports outside the sports category?

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
But, why would not counting things done while sitting down put water sports outside the sports category?

Rowing, sailing, kayaking, etc. I wasn't saying all water sports, excuse me, I wasn't clear.

EDIT: Shit. How did I forget, I'm a cyclist! I sit down for my favourite sport! :p

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^All self-propelled, therefore sport.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:

G&O are great.  Loved their (unfortunately) short-lived IFC series.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the G&O IFC series was great. 

Also, The News FTW. I'm not saying this is my house, but if it isn't this person rules:

46sITDcl.jpg

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like all the birds + "THIS IS TOTALLY NOT MY HOUSE"

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any sport involving horses is sitting down right? Chariot Racing has been an Olympic sport since 680 BC... just saying :D .

^^^ Is that a Velociraptor skull?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Chariot racing is a sport...for the horses.  Not for the humans.

Anyway, just because something is in the Olympics doesn't mean it's a sport.

20110324_London2012-1YearToGo_001.jpg

Top Bottom