• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Codename Wolverine:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Codename Wolverine:

This was very fun.

Full disclosure, I saw the original with my son on DVD in 2010-ish for the princely sum of $4.80+tax overnight, the standard new release price in a country with a monopolized, thriving rental market. I remember mostly an indifferent boredom and dissatisfaction, and applying the usual "dadeye" filter to things, i.e., assuming moment to moment it was more enjoyable for my son and I shouldn't crap too hard on a piece of fluff entertainment on a random Friday.

Here, however, in the viewing year of 2017 when superhero movies are the start and end of all cinema, I actually enjoyed it (speaking specifically to this fanedit), and watched it completely for my own entertainment. It had nice momentum all the way through. I picked up a bargain bin copy of the original just to watch this, but didn't want to taint my experience so I watched the fanedit first. There's always going to be a certain flavorful cheese to the story -- full disclosure again, I like cheese -- but it was after completing havoc1977's trim, much improved version and starting the slog through the original again that it really struck home, just how much difference the snips can make.

On a personal level, C:W is 10/10 viewing. That's specific to my history maybe, but I insist havoc's version is an indisputable improvement, excising a ton of garbage (over 20 minutes of it) while working deftly with the cheese to create what is, for me, a definitive fanfix.

Well done! Thank you!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/codename-wolverine/discussions/9471/

Back
Top Bottom