If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Any good free programs to create dvd cover artwork
Just wondering if there are any good programs for mac to create custom dvd artwork or posters for my fan edits. I'm really impressed by the artwork I see on here. Preferably a free program but if I have to pay, I have to pay.
The best options, in my opinion:

free = GIMP

not free = Photoshop
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------
Well I’m wicked cheap so I’ll be checking out GIMP first. Appreciate it!
GIMP is incredibly powerful, and in some respects even more so than Photoshop. I'm not crazy about the interface, mostly because I've been a Photoshop user for more than 15 years, but there are add-ons to make it more PS-like. If you're not coming from Adobeland though, GIMP should be just what you need.
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------
+1 for the gimp brigade. I also like that it has a crash bandicoot-ish logo  Wink

I used to use .Paint years ago as well.