If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The ARROWVERSE (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends,etc)
(12-13-2019, 09:48 PM)Duragizer Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 06:58 PM)bionicbob Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:56 AM)Duragizer Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:23 AM)bionicbob Wrote: But it is not a perfect hour of crossover tv, as we have now completed Hour THREE, and the Big Villain, THE ANTI-MONITOR is utterly under developed

They're being faithful to the source material, then.

Not sure if you are trying to be funny?
Regardless, I disagree.

Anti-Monitor from the comics in a nutshell:

"Matter is bad, antimatter is good. I will destroy all matter universes, which are bad, leaving only the Antimatter Universe, which is good."

The guy has no deeper motivation than that.

Sounds like most Embodiment of Evil Uber Villains to me.  The whole Star Wars franchise is built upon it.

My point being, in the Crisis comic you meet the Anti-Monitor, you see him in action, you watch him manipulate Harbinger and Pariah, you get to listen to him spout his Big Bad monologues, you see him take pleasure in the pain of others... yes, it all very comic book villain 101, but it necessary comic book 101... it makes the villain more real, even if you view it as stereotypical.

But the CW Crisis crossover has pretty much kept the Anti-Monitor off stage except for one brief scene... instead you get other characters talking about the Anti-Monitor, telling us how bad he is, telling us what he is doing... and this can sometimes work (ie Lord of the Rings) but here I just feel the narrative would benefit from the Anti-Monitor being up front and center more.

But I get it.  The budget is limited and the logistics are staggering.  And I am not knocking it.  I have loved every moment of this crossover so far.  The original comic had a fundamental impact on me as a teenager, and my inner 15 year old is greedy and just wants more.  But then again, I never imagined any sort of live action adaptation of this material would ever be possible, so this is pretty damn amazing for me. Heart

And still, for me, a million times better than Batman V. Superman.  Big Grin
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
(12-13-2019, 11:16 PM)bionicbob Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 09:48 PM)Duragizer Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 06:58 PM)bionicbob Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:56 AM)Duragizer Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 09:23 AM)bionicbob Wrote: But it is not a perfect hour of crossover tv, as we have now completed Hour THREE, and the Big Villain, THE ANTI-MONITOR is utterly under developed

They're being faithful to the source material, then.

Not sure if you are trying to be funny?
Regardless, I disagree.

Anti-Monitor from the comics in a nutshell:

"Matter is bad, antimatter is good. I will destroy all matter universes, which are bad, leaving only the Antimatter Universe, which is good."

The guy has no deeper motivation than that.

Sounds like most Embodiment of Evil Uber Villains to me.  The whole Star Wars franchise is built upon it.

Oh, don't get me started on that.  Angry Tongue
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
[+] 1 user Likes Duragizer's post
Been rewatching the first three parts, making notes for future fan edit... what lines to cut, what scenes to move around, what I could incorporate from other DC shows or movies...

I figure I should easily be able to incorporate an Earth-52 scene from the Justice League movie.

I want to give Flash-90 a longer, more fitting flashback tribute moment.

And I am wondering if somehow I could incorporate this classic Smallville moment....
[+] 1 user Likes bionicbob's post
A friend on mine is obsessed with the 1988 Superboy show. He did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjMUNz3leZg

DCEU cameos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LHSoHqsBc

And Earth-93 (since Cain-19 is a Trump fanatic so they won't work with him) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQXb-Vy4klw

He's doing it as two mvies called 'Kingdom Cut'. I'm excited that you bionicbob  and others are already starting to do Crisis edits. I'd be reluctant to think of anything until 4 and 5 are out.
[+] 1 user Likes DANLAV05's post
(12-22-2019, 09:43 AM)DANLAV05 Wrote: A friend on mine is obsessed with the 1988 Superboy show. He did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjMUNz3leZg

DCEU cameos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1LHSoHqsBc

And Earth-93 (since Cain-19 is a Trump fanatic so they won't work with him) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQXb-Vy4klw

He's doing it as two mvies called 'Kingdom Cut'. I'm excited that you bionicbob  and others are already starting to do Crisis edits. I'd be reluctant to think of anything until 4 and 5 are out.

Very impressive!  I think I would have called the Justice League Earth, 52.   Wink

I am not making any edit yet... the DVDs won't be out til summer... just taking detailed notes if I ever do.

Thank You so much for sharing.  Big Grin   I have now subscribed to your friends channel!!!
[+] 1 user Likes bionicbob's post
2 days til the two hour conclusion....
CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS

HOUR FOUR --

--with this penultimate episode, the limits of the CW budget are strained, so the big battle at the Dawn of Time (ie Vancouver Quarry Pit) is somewhat underwhelming, particularly the supposed cosmic confrontation between Ollie as The Spectre and the Anti-Monitor. Sadly, no Cosmic Hand at the beginning of the Universe.
--The lost in the Speed Force plot felt a bit like filler, time that could have been used to flesh out The Spectre or the Anti-Monitor, who was completely under (not) developed.
--However it gave us the best surprise cameo EVER!
--while the budget was not enough, the character moments were rich and plentiful
--they killed him twice!!!
HOUR FIVE --

--the last hour is very enjoyable, as we see the repercussions of re-starting the Universe. So happy I was wrong, as I did not think they would really do it... but they did! We get our cake and get to eat it too!
--Marv Wolfman!!!
--Sargon the Sorcercer!!! lol
--Baby Sara!!
--"Sons"??????
--Super Friends!!!
--Brandon Routh flyby!!!

FINAL THOUGHTS (for now lol) --
--no Wonder Woman/Lynda Carter cameo = sadness
--this five parter was a bit disjointed and too episodic, compared to the similarily massive EARTH-X crossover which flowed very smoothly like one giant movie.
--Despite the budget/logisitics limitations, I pretty much enjoyed the entire crossover. It was bold, ambitious and a helluv a lot of FUN!

Pure Comic Book Goodness! Big Grin Heart Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like bionicbob's post
Just came in to say "BOOM" to this guy ^   Big Grin