• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The ARROWVERSE (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends,etc)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Cavanagh plays Thawne so deliciously evil and steals every second he is on screen, that it really doesn't bother me.  Plus, when done right, some villains work better for me when they do not have a definitive origin.  Probably why I have zero interest in the upcoming JOKER movie.

But... Matt Letscher... oh, never mind. If he's too busy with Narcos: Mexico, that's fine by me. :p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SUPERGIRL Season Four Finale "The Quest For Peace"

They did it!  Historically, after a strong season, the finale is usually Supergirl's weakest episode.  But not this year.  Supergirl has finally stuck to her landing!  Was it Olympic Gold?  Not quite, maybe Silver...  The story was too jammed packed this year, so some arcs got the short shrift like Agent Liberty, while others did not get enough time to breath or resonate to have the full impact they should have on the audience.  But the accelerated pace made for captivating fun, and yes the ending was tied up way too quickly and neatly, it was still a very satisfying watch.

...super thoughts...
--the Luthor clan got all the best moments
--loved how the producers acknowledged/resolved the age issue between Lex and his mother as the actors in real life are only a couple years in age apart lol
--Lex singing "I Did It My Way"; very fun scene :)
--Brainy in Brainiac default factory setting is scary!!!  Luckily, true love rebooted him!
--oh poor President Sheridan... oops, BAKER, how far you have fallen.  I keep trying to imagine Brent Spiner in the role as originally cast
--Lex always the smartest man in the room, and always undone by his own arrogant ego.. pitch perfect!
--Dreamer and Manhunter willing to sacrifice themselves to save Superman's new homeworld of Argo City!  I thought this scene brought fitting closure to J'onn's muddled season character arc.
--wow, I know Lex is super smart, but how did he design the satellite to be able destroy Argo that is 100s light years away?  Never question comic book science!!! hee hee!
--while I do not want to say the producers made a racist sympathetic, they did do an excellent job making Lockwood as three dimensional as possible and I am happy they did not simply kill him off, that he can continue to be a threat in the future... much like real life sadly...
--the heart of this show is the Danvers sisters, great to have that dynamic back!!!
--as much as the producers are trying to ship them, Alex Danvers and Kelly Olson, the actresses have ZERO onscreen chemistry together and hopefully this gets dropped between seasons
--great fun fight scene...what was that song?
--"Yay Fourth Estate" -- a pure Supergirl moment if ever there was one.  If only the Real World was that simple and good, as the Truth seldom seems to set us free anymore.
--hhhmmmm.... Supergirl has SUPER SPEED, why didn't she TRY to catch the falling Lex...? ...as usual in these shows, and as in the comics themselves, plot overrides character
--Red Daughter.  The arc never quite went where I thought it might go, and the producers smartly kept it in reserve until the last third of the season instead of exhausting it early like they did with Reign last year, so while her realization of Lex's true nature and ultimate sacrifice was predictable, it also felt true to the character and the story.... nature wins out over nurture!
--Lex gets the last laugh and takes Lena fully to the Dark Side
--Wow!  One of the best/fun cliffhanger teasers I have seen in a very long time... 

The Supergirl finale was filled with predictable comic book tropes, but succeeds because it embraces them lovingly instead of trying to deconstruct them.  

The season as a whole was mostly well constructed, though as usual it seemed to struggle with what to do with Jimmy (though Brooks' PTSD episode was a powerful performance) and J'onn at times.  I know this show divides many people, (which is odd, since it's primary message has always been inclusion) feeling it is too heavy handed with it's political, gender and social commentary, but I applaud it.  It may not always succeed, but at least it tries to say and stand for something... and isn't that what Supergirl is supposed to be about? 

My rating:
SEASON FOUR:  8 out of 10.
SEASON 4 FINALE:  9 out of 10.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Season Four Finale "Hey, World!"

Much like the finale plot, Legends as a series as a whole is like a circus.  It's three rings of writers and producers masterfully spin plates of action, juggle balls of drama and walk tightropes of comedy.  In a single episode, the tone can shift from heart pounding horror, to sentimental drama and to slapstick comedy.  It really should not work, but somehow it almost always does.   

This season was very similar in tone to season three, though I do not think it was as successful.  The comedy slipped off the tightrope quite a few times this year, going from acceptable ridiculous to face palm preposterous, even by Legends standards lol.
The flip side of this, the show was always unpredictable and surprising.

The finale was very entertaining, though there was a couple cringe worthy moments where I thought the show would crash and burn, but then it totally won me over with a musical number of all things!  Also, the fact the show stuck to its own rules, and a beloved team member was lost to a Timeline change and no one remembers was a bittersweet moment for the audience.

...legendary thoughts....
--a little Gary goes a loooooong way, and there was just too much for me this season... and Mona is not far behind lol
--Astra's backstory seems to be identical to the NBC series (but different young actress)
--Godzooky! lol
--Sara adamant she would not lose another Legend... a good moment, if not somewhat rushed
--Vandal Savage cameo was very funny, I swear Ray can makes friends with anybody lol
--the Monitor eating popcorn... hilarious
--Ray and Nate, the ultimate Bromance!
--Hell and the Soul Vault were very interesting, nice set up for next season.
--while I was not a fan of the whole Heyworld plot, and I am still not sure if they fully pulled it off (is a circus really the best way to educate people?), I must admit I smiled and laughed lots
--so I think this was the only episode this year where a couple of the Legends actually suited up?
--some funny commentary about super hero franchises
--Nora Darhk in that Fairy Godmother outfit...lol
--Brandon Routh plays delicious evil very, very well
--ok, the whole Nate and Ghost Dad gave me the Feels
--the music of James Taylor saves the world!!!!

My Rating:
Season Four 8/10
Season Finale 7.5/10

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_CkartcK8U[/video]

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Suit up!"

Production has begun on the news seasons...
arrow-8.1-script.jpg

We know Kathrine (Mia Smoak) McNamara and Joseph (Connor Hawke) David-Jones have been promoted to series regulars, and Colin (Tommy Merlyn) Donnell and Josh (Prometheus) Segara will be making return appearances.

Over on The Flash...
EcbXpwA.jpg

Godspeed-Flash-Season-6-1.jpg

Killer Frost has a new costume and Godspeed returns.

While on Legends, actress Olivia Swan has been promoted to series regular as the season's Big Bad Astra Logue.

Not much news yet on Supergirl season five.
:D

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
New season equals new suit!

[/quote]

Does she have like a sash coming down over her left leg (our right)? Or are the shadows and lights making her actual leg look weird? If it's a sash that's kinda neat and unexpected, either way we'll get a better look in motion. She's the only Arrowverse main character who hasn't had a costume change yet I think, and I read that they film in Vancouver and it's apparently pretty cold, so it makes sense to ditch the skirt.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seems to me if they ditch the skirt, they should go all the way in the other direction and give her red pants. (Same goes for Supes.) And with all that dark blue, they should really finally give the "S" crest its proper yellow fill.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks too much like Superman's DCEU suit, which feels like a bad call. Should've kept the red skirt but add blue leggings, helps with the color balance and takes care of the "Toronto is cold" issue.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
  ...takes care of the "Toronto is cold" issue.

Vancouver.
Us West Coasters are sensitive about such mix-ups.  :p lol

Final season, final suit...
Stephen_Amell_Arrow_Two.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, when will Mr. Welling finally make an appearance?! :p

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since Brandon Routh is playing Superman again, I wonder if we could get Lynda Carter to play Wonder Woman again.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm very curious how they'll work this out, one actor playing two roles is imo very hard to pull off without being distracting. I wonder if he'll meet himself.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched the Elseworlds special last night.

Elseworlds_%28Arrowverse%29_poster.jpg

On the upside, the event is free of the flawed morality, headache-inducing endless gunfire, and countless petty villain squabbles of the fetid Earth-X crossover. The three episodes are, on the whole, more pleasant than not, even for a lapsed Arrowverse fan and non-comics guy such as myself. The downside, however, is that there's really no story here, just a bunch of random events and setups for this fall's mega-crisis, so the whole thing ends up feeling a bit pointless. Once again, I don't foresee any future rewatching.

This was my first time seeing Tyler Hoechlin's Clark/Superman outside of a brief YouTube clip, and while he doesn't have the je ne sais quoi screen presence of Henry Cavill, he makes for a perfectly satisfying TV-sized Man of Steel. Ruby Rose's Batwoman, meanwhile, is... there. After years of anonymous Vancouver location shooting, the brief glimpses of Chicago-as-Gotham make a bigger impression than she does.

Now that Logan and that one Avenger have been killed in action, and given the vague setup with the Monitor here, I gotta wonder if Oliver, too, will die in this fall's Crisis. It might be awkward for Arrow to lose its lead halfway through the season, but we already know it'll be its last, and there's always flashbacks to keep Amell around. On the other hand, maybe it'd be a boon to the season's story.

Anyhow, here's hoping the Crisis finally manages to tell something like a self-contained, inherently satisfying story that spends an absolute minimum of time on secondary characters. I doubt that'll actually happen; though, it'll probably be more of the endless fan-service same. Which isn't a terrible thing to be by any means, but it's not my cup of milkshake, either.

Elseworlds overall grade: B-

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Now that Logan and that one Avenger have been killed in action, and given the vague setup with the Monitor here, I gotta wonder if Oliver, too, will die in this fall's Crisis. It might be awkward for Arrow to lose its lead halfway through the season, but we already know it'll be its last, and there's always flashbacks to keep Amell around. On the other hand, maybe it'd be a boon to the season's story.

The final season of Arrow is only 10 episodes.

Top Bottom