• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hobbit: The Last Light, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hobbit: The Last Light, The:

Belgarath achieves a very well put together fanedit of the middle and final Hobbit movies.

In this installment he streamlines the narrative to the absolutely necessary, even if it still contains elements made up for the movies that were never in the original book. The inclusion of Legolas and company at the end of the journey thru Mirkwood is somewhat jarring in my opinion but it still makes for an entertaining experience.

Wise choices were made with moving the plot along to the confrontation with Smaug, and the edit still clocks at over two hours... just goes to show how bloated the originals are.

Sadly, in the A/V Quality marks I have to deduct some penalty points. Even though the editing is seamless, the edit only offers a 2.0 audio track; this has always been a let down for my enjoyment and it reflects in all the relevant reviews I've written in the past.

Overall, a recommended alternative for another trip to Middle Earth.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-hobbit-the-last-light/discussions/9459/

Back
Top Bottom