• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

No, it really is Bram Stoker's DRACULA

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by AdigitalMan
What is it about? With the love story removed from the movie this fanedit matches the book far more and is also a much darker tale of the dark prince.

original film name: Bram Stoker's Dracula
film studio name: American Zoetrope/Columbia
Date Original Film Was Released: 13 NOV 1992
Date Edit Was Released: 13 OKT .2006
Original Runtime: 128 min
New Runtime: 103 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: 25 min cut
Cuts removed/added/altered:

All of the love story has been removed.

DVD - Features:

1. 103 min. NTSC
2. static menu

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

Removing the love story brings this film phenomenally close to the book.

Time needed for the edition: 3 days
persons involved: ADigitalMan

Images

3D_ADMdracula_by_boon23.jpg

Maybe downloadable from fanedit.info

Does this also remove the Vlad Tepes scenes? Stoker's novel also doesn't establish Dracula as Tepes. It is speculated by one character that it might be so briefly, but other things were as well. I personally prefer his background to be more mysterious, as going from a brutal man to an evil vampire isn't as interesting to me than the idea that he might have been a more benevolent character before the vampirism.

Either way, the love story being removed is a large improvement!

how would this edit work? the love story is so fundamental to the film, I imagine it'd be pretty hard to cut around it.

how would this edit work? the love story is so fundamental to the film, I imagine it'd be pretty hard to cut around it.
From what I remember (this is a real oldie) it mostly worked, apart from maybe one or two bits that came across as meaningless without context, but very minor stuff. Enough of Stoker's plot was left in to allow it to be reconstructed reasonably well.

From what I remember (this is a real oldie) it mostly worked, apart from maybe one or two bits that came across as meaningless without context, but very minor stuff. Enough of Stoker's plot was left in to allow it to be reconstructed reasonably well.
you remember roughly what was cut? unlikely, i know.
perhaps I could recreate it. looks to be missing from the internet

If anyone manages to find this edit, i would love to see it, ADM's edits are a pain in the @$$ to find, the only ones that i got are his Frankenstein and Close Encounters of the Third Kind edits

Last edited:
Vaguely, but mostly anything related to the love story. Here Dracula was predator and Mina was prey, no feelings involved. I think the whole prologue was cut as well.

Yeah! This seems like an interesting project to try and attempt again, especially if nobody can find a copy of ADigitalMan's version.

since there's no cutlist, I was thinking a potential cutlist could just be based off the differences between the book and film.
That article is pretty broad strokes, though. I assume you haven't read the book? I love the film dearly, but the one real problem I have with it (other than Keanu's accent) is the title. Bram Stoker's Dracula my @$$. And it's a pity that the deleted scenes are in such rotten quality, as some of them are straight from the book (particularly the ending) and would help in further reconstructing Stoker's narrative. Still, a reasonable facsimile can be achieved with only theatrical footage (with some unavoidable compromises).

That article is pretty broad strokes, though. I assume you haven't read the book? I love the film dearly, but the one real problem I have with it (other than Keanu's accent) is the title. Bram Stoker's Dracula my @$$. And it's a pity that the deleted scenes are in such rotten quality, as some of them are straight from the book (particularly the ending) and would help in further reconstructing Stoker's narrative. Still, a reasonable facsimile can be achieved with only theatrical footage (with some unavoidable compromises).
nope, not read the book. I quite liked the film so might be worth giving it a look.

I currently only own this digital in my VUDU account. I had it on DVD years ago and have slowly been transferring to digital and have even repurchased Blu Rays to do edits with LOL because I want good quality rips...

Anyway I know the Blu Ray has the deleted scenes, but I don't know what quality they are in? But maybe a non-HD DVD quality edit with the deleted scenes ripped off the Blu Ray would make everything more consistent looking? I know it's almost heresy to do something not in HD, but it could add to the look of the film if in black and white?

I currently only own this digital in my VUDU account. I had it on DVD years ago and have slowly been transferring to digital and have even repurchased Blu Rays to do edits with LOL because I want good quality rips...

Anyway I know the Blu Ray has the deleted scenes, but I don't know what quality they are in? But maybe a non-HD DVD quality edit with the deleted scenes ripped off the Blu Ray would make everything more consistent looking? I know it's almost heresy to do something not in HD, but it could add to the look of the film if in black and white?
I'm currently attempting to upscale the deleted footage as the quality isn't great, looks like a VHS rip. It would be cool though to see a grindhouse edit as then the low quality deleted scenes wouldn't look out of place (same thing TMBTM did for War of the Stars).

Back
Top Bottom