• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Me, my rigs and my software!

Habe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello!

I am 30 and mostly I do nature photography, but I have a kid brother who loves acting.
Most of my life I have been poor enough to build my own linux-pcs, with freeware, instead of buying decent Windows boxes.

I am here because there are Hollywood remakes that truly and utterly piss me off!
But...mostly I am all for creating original content that can be remixed by others.

At the moment I have:
-Linux image editing rig
-Windows gaming pc
-Linux all-purpose rig

Software I use:
-Huging for creating panoramas and stitching images together - 1gb images are common exports :p
-Gimp for editing images
-Audacity for audio extracting and editing
-Blender for video editing and audio syncing
-Natron for video effects
-Learning Krita for image editing

They are all multi OS freeware software and often have great user created support.

If anyone has questions or requests, just let me know!

I can provide:
-elementary usage support for these softs on Linux and Win 7.
-Nature photographs or videos of Bogs (a kind of swamp I live near)
-Eastern europe images/videos... (made on request)
-...dno...woodworking?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome to the community Habe. We'd love to know/see how you use Blender as an NLE.

Habe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I edited one of my Bog videos.
Here is how I would re edit that.

Shift+K for cut
scroller to zoom timeline
press scroller to move timeline
and right-click drag to move clips

Sorry, watching CS:GO

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is potentially amazing. I know many editors are looking for a free option for editing their videos. I know blender renders in full HD and it looks like you can add audio too. Now I have to go geek out for a bit ;)

Habe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
This is potentially amazing. I know many editors are looking for a free option for editing their videos. I know blender renders in full HD and it looks like you can add audio too. Now I have to go geek out for a bit ;)

The biggest issue is for Win users. Using files over 2gb on my 8gb-RAM machine creates a disturbing playback lag.
But that goes for any RAM app on Windows.

But if you want to use Blender for large project then you have to set it up, to increase its RAM and CPU usage.

My solution for now is using smaller file to map out my edits or projects and then doing the full cuts and streamlining on Linux.

-that is mostly because Windows is a active RAM user, but Linux uses only parts that it needs to render (eg. parts of the OS you are currently using)

oh and as far as freeware is concerned best Windows Gimp analogue is Gimpshop. Unlike original Gimp that has a multi-window setup Gimpshop has a classic singe-window interface.

Top Bottom