• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

X-Men: Magneto:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
X-Men: Magneto:

This is the first in an exciting new project started by theryaney that seeks to bring all of the X-Men films into one cohesive continuity. Several other editors have joined the fray, making this one of the biggest collaborative projects that FE.org has ever seen!

Most of the scenes involving Xavier and Mystique have been taken out for a couple of reasons. First, it allows this film to focus more heavily on how Erik became the main protagonist/antihero of the X-Men. Originally an "X-Men Origins: Magneto" was in the works; this is probably something of what it would have looked like.

Second, there's very little in the other X-Men films to suggest that Xavier and Mystique had a significant friendship, so when watching them with "First Class" first, it can seem somewhat jarring. But now their friendship seems a bit more casual. Without the lighter Xavier-Mystique scenes, and with the focus on Erik's tragic backstory, this film becomes much darker but deeply compelling.

Nearly all cuts are unnoticeable; I had to go back and re-watch the original just to see what had been taken out because the cuts were so seamless.

In the interest of complete objectivity, I must note that I had lots of problems with the subtitle file; it only worked sporadically for me. But theryaney assures me that no one else has had issues with it, so I don't want to dwell on this too long. (Heaven knows I've never built a subtitle file before!)

I'm very excited about this project, and theryaney has got it off to a great start with this edit. I look forward to seeing how the project continues to develop!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/x-men-magneto/discussions/9453/

Top Bottom