• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

My Fake Criterion Covers

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Just a note though, I've been in contact with Phil Noto (the artist of the art you used) and he said that he couldn't give permission to use his stuff as it's officially licensed Star Wars/Marvel/Disney. I had hoped to use it for HttF. He didn't say I couldn't use it, but he just couldn't condone it.

That's so cool...Phil Noto is awesome.  Been a fan of his since Beautiful Killer!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
The Mummy: Year of the Scorpion

mummy.png

Any other requests?

Wow.  This.  Is.  Awesome.
A far better cover than that film ever deserved, lol.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Okay, I see. :)

I made that in a rush, and I did mean to make fun of the HS.

I got the joke.  I think that's perfect for that travesty, lol.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I absolutely LOVE these! Is there a template I could use to make some for my own edit?

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:
I absolutely LOVE these! Is there a template I could use to make some for my own edit?

Scroll back towards the beginning.  There are a couple templates/methods mentioned.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I've gone through the whole thread. The mentions of templates were almost two years ago now and I figure with all the time that's passed and covers that've been made, there'd be some kind of template floating around (specific to FE I mean). If not I'll make one and share it here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:
Yeah I've gone through the whole thread. The mentions of templates were almost two years ago now and I figure with all the time that's passed and covers that've been made, there'd be some kind of template floating around (specific to FE I mean). If not I'll make one and share it here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I finally managed to export my template (that I just made 5 seconds ago) to PSD, if anybody's interested in making Criterion-FE covers. See attached for the files. Enjoy!  :)

I'm available for requests too, if anybody wants a particular cover for their fanedit or something.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:

I finally managed to export my template (that I just made 5 seconds ago) to PSD, if anybody's interested in making Criterion-FE covers. Here's the template for BR and DVD: View attachment 2. Enjoy!  :)

I'm available for requests too, if anybody wants a particular cover for their fanedit or something.

Attachments

• FECriterionTemplate.zip
    511.6 KB · Views: 264

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oohh it feels so good to be back making these.

Logan (with the original beautiful poster):
logan.png

Inception (with simple, custom front by myself):
inception.png

Interstellar (with screenshot of the movie + png of endurance):
interstellar.png

(I might make a Nolan Criterion-style boxset)

Thoughts?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What a wonderful thread. Some absolutely stellar work on show here.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey theryaney

very cool that you are taking requests .. I would love it if you could make me A Fanedit Collection bluray cover dated 2020 and poster for my next edit "Children of the New Dawn" a Mandy edit based on the picture below. i haven't written a spiel to put on the back cover yet but will get back to you. I usually do the covers myself but i just don't have the time and would prefer to concentrate on finishing the edit which should be done in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers Buddy

a4170912737_10-1024x1024.jpg

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Last Impressions said:
very cool that you are taking requests .. I would love it if you could make me A Fanedit Collection bluray cover dated 2020 and poster for my next edit "Children of the New Dawn" a Mandy edit based on the picture below. i haven't written a spiel to put on the back cover yet but will get back to you. I usually do the covers myself but i just don't have the time and would prefer to concentrate on finishing the edit which should be done in the next couple of weeks.

That is some sweet art. I'll get to work. :)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Last Impressions said:

That is some sweet art. I'll get to work. :)

Cool...i was thinking maybe have a fuchsia pink or similar colour for the trim/borders as the film has quite a lot of these colours throughout it. I will get back to you with the wording for the back over...cheers mate

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this thread hasn't been updated in over a year now, but is Ryan still on this or what?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Specifically the Mandy cover or criterion covers in general?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really have the free time to do random movie covers like I used to, but I still do requests so ask away!

Top Bottom