• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

My Fake Criterion Covers

Masirimso17 said:
How DO you fix this weird letter spacing?

Hope I'm not going too off topic

Yeah, let's not drag this thread too much off topic but in short...

It's down to perception caused by the shape of certain letters and their relationship to other letters. In the cover above, the A is actually spaced closer to the P and the C, than they are to the S and E, but because of the shape of the A (and the letters next to it) the gap looks larger. The only way to fix this is to manually adjust the spacing until it looks right on your own judgement. Your PC is probably not going to do this for you, or get it right.

TM2YC said:
It's down to perception caused by the shape of certain letters and their relationship to other letters. In the cover above, the A is actually spaced closer to the P and the C, than they are to the S and E, but because of the shape of the A (and the letters next to it) the gap looks larger. The only way to fix this is to manually adjust the spacing until it looks right on your own judgement. Your PC is probably not going to do this for you, or get it right.

Hmm, I understand, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks very much.

To get back on topic, I really love your covers, Ryaney! You have skill, you have style, just amazing.

I guess that's how you get to TM2YC's level. You get picky. ;)

How about this for mind perception?
artboard-copy-1181.png

theryaney said:

I can't help it and it looks much improved.

TM2YC said:
theryaney said:

I can't help it and it looks much improved.

Thanks. I meant it as a joke. :)

Hey, @"theryaney"  ...

Would you be willing to make me a B+ IFDB poster for my Shrinking Man edit please?  :D

No need to do a full cover spread unless you want to. But it would be cool to have some consistency for the B+ series.

You should totally do one for the force awakens and the last jedi.

I was wondering if it was possible for you to do some Fanedit Collection cover for some of the more "classic" edits or more famous/well-known edits, or at least ones that need an updated cover. For example: I had recently burnt a copy of The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut onto DVD but I wasn't really a fan of the cover. I do think that that could be a good place to take the Fanedit Collection series that you've got goinf on. Keep up the good work.

pranafilms said:
I was wondering if it was possible for you to do some Fanedit Collection cover for some of the more "classic" edits or more famous/well-known edits, or at least ones that need an updated cover. For example: I had recently burnt a copy of The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut onto DVD but I wasn't really a fan of the cover. I do think that that could be a good place to take the Fanedit Collection series that you've got goinf on. Keep up the good work.

How about this? :)
artboard.png

^ I was wondering if that part had been an error. The gold and the mint work so well together. Great choice of colours.

^ No unfortunately. $99/year of updates. Only Mac too.

Back
Top Bottom