• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

My Fake Criterion Covers

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently I've fallen in love with Criterion's design and decided to make some of my own covers.

VHS TFA: 
Artboard_Copy_22.png

X-Men: Magneto: 
Artboard_Copy_26.png

@TK251's Old Man Logan: 
Artboard_Copy_28.png

@"Bobson Dugnutt"'s Back to the Future: Greater Scott Edition: 
Artboard_Copy_29.png

(Need some ideas here for what to put at the bottom)

@"kidjupiter92"'s Kuzuri: 
Artboard_Copy_27.png

These are just my two cents. I'm accepting requests, for BR and DVD, and they don't have to be edits.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You are fantastic!  My only slight nitpick is that it seems the “Kuzuri” title is slightly decentered to the left.  I might be wrong, though.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Based on @"Canon Editor"'s requests:

Batman Forever: TVW: VE
Artboard_Copy_31.png

Not sure what to do about the vintage look, but there isn't much info on this.

Batman Begins: 
bb.png

TDK:
tdk.png

TDKR: 
tdkr.png

Are these supposed to be BR? If yes, I'll remake them.

For the Spiderman trilogy, I can't find any suitable artwork, so maybe you can find the artwork you want.

Here's one I made for @"DigModiFicaTion"'s Rise of the Rebellion:
rorbd.png

and a Blu-Ray version of @TK251's Old Man Logan:
omlbd.png

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those look nice. I like the Rogue One cover.

You may need to calibrate your monitor. Some of your blacks aren't black, and you can see the copy and paste areas. All your Batman covers show this, especially Forever.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks fantastic theryaney! I secretly was hoping to get a theryaney criterion cover for an edit :)

Just a note though, I've been in contact with Phil Noto (the artist of the art you used) and he said that he couldn't give permission to use his stuff as it's officially licensed Star Wars/Marvel/Disney. I had hoped to use it for HttF. He didn't say I couldn't use it, but he just couldn't condone it.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Those look nice. I like the Rogue One cover.

You may need to calibrate your monitor. Some of your blacks aren't black, and you can see the copy and paste areas. All your Batman covers show this, especially Forever.

I'm not sure about the blacks, if you're talking about the Dark Knight trilogy ones, they are intended to look like that.

About the Batman covers, well, it's supposed to be a series. I'm not sure what you want me to do. I'm a beginner at most of this anyways.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Looks fantastic theryaney! I secretly was hoping to get a theryaney criterion cover for an edit :)

Just a note though, I've been in contact with Phil Noto (the artist of the art you used) and he said that he couldn't give permission to use his stuff as it's officially licensed Star Wars/Marvel/Disney. I had hoped to use it for HttF. He didn't say I couldn't use it, but he just couldn't condone it.

Thanks!  :) 

About the artwork, that means I'll replace it with something else then.

What about this?
Artboard_Copy_36.png

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
I'm not sure about the blacks, if you're talking about the Dark Knight trilogy ones, they are intended to look like that.

About the Batman covers, well, it's supposed to be a series. I'm not sure what you want me to do. I'm a beginner at most of this anyways.

No worries, this is an easy fix. I'm mostly referring to the Batman Forever cover, although the Dark Knight covers could use a slight adjustment. All you need to do is adjust the levels on the layer (the question mark image on the Forever cover). I cover levels adjustment in my basic cover art tutorial.

Here is what I am referring to:

ye6MSdu.jpg

If you don't see a difference, you'll need to adjust your monitor. You notice the difference for sure if you print these.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see the difference. That one is probably because I messed with the brightness and contrast.

How about this: 
Artboard_Copy_31.png

For the Dark Knight ones, I've also found the problem and fixed. 

bb.png

tdk.png

tdkr.png

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plissken1138 said:
great work, @"theryaney"!

Thanks! Anything you want to add to the list? I'm accepting requests.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:blush:  could you do one for my shipwrecked edit?

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Plissken1138 said:
great work, @"theryaney"!

Thanks! Anything you want to add to the list? I'm accepting requests.

Well, I'm still hoping for Blu-Ray of 1986's The Hitcher so let's summon it, maybe with this key art? (couldn't find higher res than 927 pix wide)

d3EgLpF.jpg

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome work theryaney! Would you be able to make a DVD version too? Thanks!

Top Bottom