• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2017 Total Solar Eclipse

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An experience of a lifetime!

eclipse2017.nasa.gov said:
On Monday, August 21, 2017, all of North America will be treated to an eclipse of the sun. Anyone within the path of totality can see one of nature’s most awe inspiring sights - a total solar eclipse. This path, where the moon will completely cover the sun and the sun's tenuous atmosphere - the corona - can be seen, will stretch from Salem, Oregon to Charleston, South Carolina. Observers outside this path will still see a partial solar eclipse where the moon covers part of the sun's disk.

If anyone wants to view the eclipse, there are some safety measures that have been put up at eclipse2017.nasa.gov.

Discussions can start! :)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best not to drive today either. Rest areas along I-5 are packed.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so it's not the most lyrically relevant song for the moment, but it feels right:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Solid cloud blanket over San Francisco... time to head to Oakland!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wear-eclipse-glasses.gif

1814edce-7c55-46ef-9fd0-bf419e75184c-giphy.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the one in the UK on 11th August 1999. On Wikipedia says...

"Observers in various places noted birds falling silent, daylight colours turning to grey, and temperatures falling, augmented by a passing wisp of cloud at the moment of peak eclipse."

...which describes the weirdness exactly. Not like a normal overcast day but like a movie where they have heavily de-saturated all the colours. I was in the countryside, so the unusual silence from the wildlife was very noticeable. Not to be missed if you get the chance.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It had started here in the totality zone of Oregon. Not a cloud in the sky.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I watched the one in the UK on 11th August 1999. On Wikipedia says...

"Observers in various places noted birds falling silent, daylight colours turning to grey, and temperatures falling, augmented by a passing wisp of cloud at the moment of peak eclipse."

...which describes the weirdness exactly. Not like a normal overcast day but like a movie where they have heavily de-saturated all the colours. I was in the countryside, so the unusual silence from the wildlife was very noticeable. Not to be missed if you get the chance.

I was there, but in the city. Don't remember the silence, but then again - city.

Moe_Syzlak said:
It had started here in the totality zone of Oregon. Not a cloud in the sky.

83% here in Wisconsin. Not a sky in the cloud. But then again - Wisconsin.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"At various points across America today, the moon will fan-edit the sun."

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But the moon will also forget to back-up its work.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, that was some bull-shit! Solid cloud cover over the whole East Bay. They didn't even dim the lights! If I hadn't known there was an 80% eclipse over the area, I never would have guessed it.

image.jpg

:mad:

Time to dance my anger out!

[align=center]

Top Bottom