• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Empire Strikes Back is Out NOW!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Everything is groovy now. :)

tenor.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I could compare all the tiny subtle changes Adywan has made, I've done a full-length comparison video of ESB:R. It's not official and somebody on OT.com will probably do a more in depth one with notes and stuff but if anybody else wants a copy of this, just send me a PM :) .

- 1080p comparison. ESB:R top / Harmy's Despecialized Edition bottom.
- Whenever Adywan has used an adjusted SE shot, I've replaced Harmy footage with the 2011 SE blu-ray. Otherwise it might be confusing as to what ILM did and what Adywan did (because you cannot tell in the skill level, unless it's because Adywan's shot is so much better done ;) ).
- 8.7 GB, so it will fit on and use up the space on the same disc as ESB:R. If you wanted to burn to a blu-ray.
- I've tried to keep the Harmy footage closely in-sync to ESB:R, down to the frame. So some shots/scenes are trimmed, or re-arranged and some shots pause (or a few jump forward), until they come back in sync with ESB:R. So this doesn't serve as a comparison of the many small time edits Adywan has made, just his visual FX changes.
- A rough sync version of the Harmy Isolated Score is included as a bonus track. In case I wanted to just watch the changes and not be distracted so much by the story. It syncs for almost all of ESB-R but some looping and cuting was needed so you'll probably notice those trims.

Every time I look, I see more little things he has fixed. Some of the fixes, mean I now can't un-see glaring errors that were in this film all along undefined (e.g. Slave 1's canopy).

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
So I could compare all the tiny subtle changes Adywan has made, I've done a full-length comparison video of ESB:R. It's not official and somebody on OT.com will probably do a more in depth one with notes . . . .

Please advise if someone decides to an srt file with all the changes.
I enjoyed that on Adywan's first revisited.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Please advise if someone decides to an srt file with all the changes.
I enjoyed that on Adywan's first revisited.

IIRC, Adywan has stated that he will not be doing one for ESB-R, as there are too many changes to list. I'm sure some fan will make one though, at some point.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, it is that obsessive fan I am waiting for.
Even if the timings are slightly bungled or overlap, I can fix those.

Top Bottom