• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Empire Strikes Back is Out NOW!

THRILLHO

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok this is an embarassing question and i think i know the answer but. what's different between his and Harmy's edits? i'm reading that Ady ...added stuff? Harmy just polishes the film up for HD ?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Simply, Harmy seeks to restore the trilogy while Ady seeks to fix and enhance it. Or at least that's how my simple mind sees it ;)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THRILLHO said:
ok this is an embarassing question and i think i know the answer but. what's different between his and Harmy's edits? i'm reading that Ady ...added stuff? Harmy just polishes the film up for HD ?

This ANH/ANH:R image gallery should answer your question. :cool:

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adywan's revisited can be seen as the Special Edition Star Wars deserved.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yup. 
Harmy fixes the original theatrical cuts, Adywan fixes the Special Editions. Both valid paths but completely divergent ones with different goals and methods. Depending on who you ask either could be one's perfect version of Star Wars. 

I can't choose, personally. But it's great to live in a time when both exist, as the official offerings are unfavorable, with the originals being in low quality video and the Special Editions having arguable changes to put it lightly. Now it's like a truly complete collection (for ANH and ESB). Pretty amazing.

Thank you Adywan for all your work.

Molasar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Noob question: how does one download the files onto a USB stick?  I have never doen this before - I have always used DVDs for viewing fanedits and writing reviews.

I have imported all of the files into a folder on Mega.  Where do I go from here?

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How is your USB formatted?
NTFS or FAT32?
Generally a FAT32 cannot hold a file larger than 4 GB.
You will need to reformat to NTFS, which do not have the longevity of FAT32.
Or ...
You could put the file onto an external hard drive and it should play fine that way.
That is what I do with larger files I want to study on large screen before burning.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When is RotJ:R coming out?

:p 

But seriously, that is the movie that is in most need of the Revisited treatment.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
When is RotJ:R coming out?

:p 

But seriously, that is the movie that is in most need of the Revisited treatment.

I agree, although I hope it won't be another 7 years.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ugh. I can't open the second file from Mega for some reason.

I finally downloaded all the files from Mega onto my hard drive. I clicked on the first one, and JDownloader popped up, and I clicked "Extract," and it asked for a password, so I entered "adywan" and it downloaded just fine into a new folder that I created for it.

I then clicked on the second file; JDownloader popped up; I clicked "Extract"; I entered the password "adywan"...but I get this message:

"Data error in encrypted file 'ESB_REVISITED_720P_x264.mkv'. Wrong password?"

I went back and checked Ady's original post, and he only gave the one password.

At first, I tried to save the extracted files into the same folder, but they had the same name, so then I tried to rename File 2, but JDownloader wouldn't let me do that for some reason (either manually or Auto-Rename). So I created a new folder for File 2, but I'm still getting an error message. That's the only other variable I can think to mention, but the data error I'm receiving doesn't seem to have anything to do with the naming.

I just tried File 3 but got the same error message.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, has anyone figured out a way around this?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Ugh. I can't open the second file from Mega for some reason.

I finally downloaded all the files from Mega onto my hard drive. I clicked on the first one, and JDownloader popped up, and I clicked "Extract," and it asked for a password, so I entered "adywan" and it downloaded just fine into a new folder that I created for it.

I then clicked on the second file; JDownloader popped up; I clicked "Extract"; I entered the password "adywan"...but I get this message:

"Data error in encrypted file 'ESB_REVISITED_720P_x264.mkv'. Wrong password?"

I went back and checked Ady's original post, and he only gave the one password.

At first, I tried to save the extracted files into the same folder, but they had the same name, so then I tried to rename File 2, but JDownloader wouldn't let me do that for some reason (either manually or Auto-Rename). So I created a new folder for File 2, but I'm still getting an error message. That's the only other variable I can think to mention, but the data error I'm receiving doesn't seem to have anything to do with the naming.

I just tried File 3 but got the same error message.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, has anyone figured out a way around this?
You should only have to do the first file. It will extract all pieces and leave you with one file.  Are you sure you don't have the whole movie after extracting the first time?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You don't (and should not) need to extract the files separately. I'm not an expert on these things so somebody else could explain it better but it's a multi-part rar, of one file. Not 9 different rars, of 9 different files. If you are extracting them separately, you are doing it wrong.

1. Load the links up into JD and pre-fill the password (right click, select properties and 'set download password')
2. Only then start to download.
3. You need do nothing more. JD will download the 9 parts, enter the password at the right point, extract them all and finally rebuild the one mkv file automatically for you.

EDIT: Moe_Syzlak got there first and...

Moe_Syzlak said:
Are you sure you don't have the whole movie after extracting the first time?

...is a very good point.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A-ha! That's the key! You were both right. The file is there after one extraction. Thank you so much, Moe and TM2YC!

As I'm previewing the file, I'm catching some gems in the closing credits. The best one is at 2:06:53 - "No Wampas were harmed during the making of this movie."

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Question: isn't it the same actor that says "your tauntaun will freeze before you reach the first marker" and "the shield doors must be closed"? Cliff Clavin, right? It seems his voice is overdubbed for the second line though.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also noticed that one Moe. It felt like Ady re made most of the audio. He levels between vocal, sfx and music were very new to my ears.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
I also noticed that one Moe. It felt like Ady re made most of the audio. He levels between vocal, sfx and music were very new to my ears.

I think it's always been that way. He speaks in three different scenes and the middle one with Leia is the only one where he has the lower voice. I wondering if that is really a different actor that just looks a lot like Cliff Clavin. Seems it would be a pretty glaring oversight for someone as crazy about continuity as Adywan.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I've noticed before that in that scene, Major Derlin (John Ratzenberger, aka Cliff Clavin) sounds nothing like Ratzenberger. I have to think he was overdubbed for that, but then the other couple of times we hear him, he sounds like himself.

(Side note: "Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures" just used Major Derlin for a recent episode, and they actually bothered to get Ratzenberger in to do the lines. Very cool!)

I finished the movie now, and it's fantastic. As usual, his work is so seamless that I wouldn't have even noticed that he changed anything if I didn't see his long list of edits!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm trying to post my review on the Database, but I keep getting this error message: "There was a problem submitting the form (Invalid Token)." Does anyone have any idea what that means?

I've posted multiple reviews but never seen that error message before.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Try logging out and then log back in. It's usually a cookie issue with that message.

Top Bottom