If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Empire Strikes Back is Out NOW!
ok this is an embarassing question and i think i know the answer but. what's different between his and Harmy's edits? i'm reading that Ady ...added stuff? Harmy just polishes the film up for HD ?
Simply, Harmy seeks to restore the trilogy while Ady seeks to fix and enhance it. Or at least that's how my simple mind sees it Wink
(08-14-2017, 12:13 AM)THRILLHO Wrote: ok this is an embarassing question and i think i know the answer but. what's different between his and Harmy's edits? i'm reading that Ady ...added stuff? Harmy just polishes the film up for HD ?

This ANH/ANH:R image gallery should answer your question. Cool
Gaith's Fan Edit Shorts - some of the most awesome short-form fan edits of all time.
Adywan's revisited can be seen as the Special Edition Star Wars deserved.
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
Yup. 
Harmy fixes the original theatrical cuts, Adywan fixes the Special Editions. Both valid paths but completely divergent ones with different goals and methods. Depending on who you ask either could be one's perfect version of Star Wars. 

I can't choose, personally. But it's great to live in a time when both exist, as the official offerings are unfavorable, with the originals being in low quality video and the Special Editions having arguable changes to put it lightly. Now it's like a truly complete collection (for ANH and ESB). Pretty amazing.

Thank you Adywan for all your work.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Noob question: how does one download the files onto a USB stick?  I have never doen this before - I have always used DVDs for viewing fanedits and writing reviews.

I have imported all of the files into a folder on Mega.  Where do I go from here?
I will destroy them!
How is your USB formatted?
NTFS or FAT32?
Generally a FAT32 cannot hold a file larger than 4 GB.
You will need to reformat to NTFS, which do not have the longevity of FAT32.
Or ...
You could put the file onto an external hard drive and it should play fine that way.
That is what I do with larger files I want to study on large screen before burning.
When is RotJ:R coming out?

Tongue 

But seriously, that is the movie that is in most need of the Revisited treatment.
(08-14-2017, 09:53 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: When is RotJ:R coming out?

Tongue 

But seriously, that is the movie that is in most need of the Revisited treatment.

I agree, although I hope it won't be another 7 years.
Ugh. I can't open the second file from Mega for some reason.

I finally downloaded all the files from Mega onto my hard drive. I clicked on the first one, and JDownloader popped up, and I clicked "Extract," and it asked for a password, so I entered "adywan" and it downloaded just fine into a new folder that I created for it.

I then clicked on the second file; JDownloader popped up; I clicked "Extract"; I entered the password "adywan"...but I get this message:

"Data error in encrypted file 'ESB_REVISITED_720P_x264.mkv'. Wrong password?"

I went back and checked Ady's original post, and he only gave the one password.

At first, I tried to save the extracted files into the same folder, but they had the same name, so then I tried to rename File 2, but JDownloader wouldn't let me do that for some reason (either manually or Auto-Rename). So I created a new folder for File 2, but I'm still getting an error message. That's the only other variable I can think to mention, but the data error I'm receiving doesn't seem to have anything to do with the naming.

I just tried File 3 but got the same error message.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, has anyone figured out a way around this?