• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Empire Strikes Back is Out NOW!

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've watched about half. The color looks awesome, the Hoth battle looks awesome, the replaced matte on Dagobah looks awesome. I'd love to see a detailed list of changes/comparisons, because honestly it doesn't feel heavy handed. It feels like the 1980 movie but with a few welcome tweaks. The only thing I'll say is that the Wampa never bothered me and I do miss the added SE Wampa scenes.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The very best thing in this edit is that he zoomed in on Luke (and perhaps edited the sequence as well) when Vader force throws objects at him in Cloud City. That scene always bothered me. It's not perfect, but much better.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hyperchargeit said:
What does this mean? Not like there is a new movie or what?

A fan editor has done a massive cleaning up of the original "Empire Strikes Back" -- restoring some things from the original theatrical film; improving and enhancing some things; and (maybe) even putting in a few fun extra touches.

The previous work by Adywan (the editor) was "A New Hope Revisited," was released in 2008, and fans everywhere love it. Adywan put so much time and effort into his next inatallment that it took him 9 years to complete. So it's a big deal to us that this got released today. ☺

For more information on the history of the project, there's a whole thread called "Star Wars Revisited by Adywan" in this forum. For just the list of changes made to the last film, look at "Star Wars: A New Hope Revisited" on the Database.

Hope that helps!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder how people are going to feel about one change in particular. It's kind of a big one. This is a real spoiler in the spoiler tag, not a joke.

Yoda

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I wonder how people are going to feel about one change in particular. It's kind of a big one. This is a real spoiler in the spoiler tag, not a joke.

Yoda

Is there something I missed? I was watching with my twin boys, who were seeing it for the first time, and weren't particularly good audience. PM me if the spoiler needs to be preserved.

hyperchargeit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
hyperchargeit said:
What does this mean? Not like there is a new movie or what?

A fan editor has done a massive cleaning up of the original "Empire Strikes Back" -- restoring some things from the original theatrical film; improving and enhancing some things; and (maybe) even putting in a few fun extra touches.

The previous work by Adywan (the editor) was "A New Hope Revisited," was released in 2008, and fans everywhere love it. Adywan put so much time and effort into his next inatallment that it took him 9 years to complete. So it's a big deal to us that this got released today. ☺

For more information on the history of the project, there's a whole thread called "Star Wars Revisited by Adywan" in this forum. For just the list of changes made to the last film, look at "Star Wars: A New Hope Revisited" on the Database.

Hope that helps!

I understand. Thanks for the info. I'm quite new here.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anyone noticing some odd overlaid imagery at 1:45:17? It looks like a mask transparency was left visible during the scene. Is this just me?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure, is it the scene in cloud city where Luke enters the part where there is a window?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes. There seems to be a transparency mask. It doesn't move with the scene which makes me think it was a mask.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really see it on mine, but I'm not sure really.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ady responded over at OT and confirmed the odd mask transparency. He's not sure why it's there though as it doesn't show up on his timeline.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Ady responded over at OT and confirmed the odd mask transparency. He's not sure why it's there though as it doesn't show up on his timeline.

That is interesting, maybe I don't see it cause I reencoded it into an mp4 or something.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nSxSwa.gif

Molasar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can someone burn me a copy in disc - blue ray if possible?  I'll gladly pay for materials and shipping via PayPal.  

Thanks,
-Brett (Molasar)

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Molasar said:
Can someone burn me a copy in disc - blue ray if possible?  I'll gladly pay for materials and shipping via PayPal.  

Thanks,
-Brett (Molasar)

Well, Adywan hasn't yet released a blu-ray version, this is just a digital copy in an MKV format.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Molasar said:

Thanks,
-Brett (Molasar)

Molasar, this edit is freely available and can be found relatively easy. Any money exchange of any kind in regards to fanedits is not allowed. If it is a matter of you not having the bandwidth at your home, most libraries offer free internet at relatively decent speeds. There are a variety of downloaders that allow you to resume your downloads as well.

Top Bottom