• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Empire Strikes Back is Out NOW!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While casually scrolling through my Facebook feed, I came across a news banner image from the "Star Wars Revisited - The Saga" page that said the following:

"THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - REVISITED
RELEASE DAY IS HERE...FINALLY
6 PM GMT
SATURDAY
12TH AUGUST 2017"

https://www.facebook.com/swrevisite...279371020986/1790345680981006/?type=3&theater

As far as I've always been aware, this Facebook page is a legitimate source of news for Adywan's edits. If I'm incorrect, someone please let me know.

I checked Greenwich Mean Time, and at the time I'm posting this, it's 3:50 p.m., meaning that the movie will be available in a little over 2 hours. 

Adywan's groundbreaking Star Wars: A New Hope Revisited came out in 2008, so this has indeed been a long time coming. 

Hopefully, some of us will be able to get a copy before Adywan's servers crash from so many people trying to download at once!

"This will be a day long remembered." -- Darth Vader

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol yeah it is an hour and a half. 

Probably can't download it anyways with thousands excited.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
lol yeah it is an hour and a half. 

Probably can't download it anyways with thousands excited.

I'm assuming it will be well seeded by tomorrow on that body organ site.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have an account though on that certain organ.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The FB page says it's available *now,* and provides links! I'm on my phone so I can't link the message. Just go to the FB page to see it.

If the servers crash, maybe the people who do manage to get it can list it on the new request form.

This is an exciting day! Am I right, folks? ☺

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is indeed.  Very good news for all of us, Star Wars fans and faneditors.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How exciting. I'm going to celebrate by watching some episode V tonight.

[align=center]

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Threads merged.

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let me just be the first to say: when the hell is this guy gonna finish ROTJ:R?!?

Obviously this is way awesome; I don't think I've ever worked on anything as long as he's worked on this. What admirable tenacity.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic news!  I can't wait to see it!  

Answering @"Dr. Chim Richalds", I have the feeling Adywan isn't willing to spend as many years on episodes Vi, I, II, III and IV HD.  I think he plans to speep up the process.  Furthermore, think that the fact he encountered so many problems on Episode V will be experience earned on all the other fanedits!   ;)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Downloading the MKV now..cant wait to watch it in the morning....i'm gonna check out the Dagobah tree i bought :)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just had a little glimpse ...wow the snow is as white as 1980.....beautiful

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And the city in the clouds looks like.... a real city in the clouds.

For some reason today I'm down on sarcasm. Wait, was I just sarcastic?

Dr. Chim Richalds

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Answering @"Dr. Chim Richalds", I have the feeling Adywan isn't willing to spend as many years on episodes Vi, I, II, III and IV HD.  I think he plans to speep up the process.  Furthermore, think that the fact he encountered so many problems on Episode V will be experience earned on all the other fanedits!   ;)

Oh I'm sure.

And just to be clear (cause I just reread my post) my first paragraph was 100% sarcasm and my second was 100% sincere.  Can't wait to see this.

Top Bottom