If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Solo - A Star Wars Story
(10-16-2018, 11:14 PM)hbenthow Wrote:

I still can't understand why they didn't get Anthony Ingruber to do this role. He was incredibly believable in Age of Adeline as a young Harrison Ford. If the Derpfakes team would share their specific process I'm sure there would be a group that would be willing to tackle the entire film. Perhaps that would be enough to even entice Ingruber to do some ADR work for a fanedit.
(10-17-2018, 08:39 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 11:14 PM)hbenthow Wrote:

I still can't understand why they didn't get Anthony Ingruber to do this role. He was incredibly believable in Age of Adeline as a young Harrison Ford. If the Derpfakes team would share their specific process I'm sure there would be a group that would be willing to tackle the entire film. Perhaps that would be enough to even entice Ingruber to do some ADR work for a fanedit.
No offense but Ingruber has the charisma of a rock. A rock doing a decent Harrison Ford impression, but still a rock. Alden did fine. Any issues with the movie were not with casting.
(10-17-2018, 08:44 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: No offense but Ingruber has the charisma of a rock. A rock doing a decent Harrison Ford impression, but still a rock. Alden did fine. Any issues with the movie were not with casting.

I generally don't get offended by someone's opinions as they are just that, opinions. I don't always agree with those opinions however Wink
(10-17-2018, 08:48 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 08:44 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: No offense but Ingruber has the charisma of a rock. A rock doing a decent Harrison Ford impression, but still a rock. Alden did fine. Any issues with the movie were not with casting.

I generally don't get offended by someone's opinions as they are just that, opinions. I don't always agree with those opinions however Wink

I’ll give you this, Ingruber might have been an improvement for the role of Han in  Return of the Jedi.   Tongue
(10-17-2018, 08:51 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 08:48 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote:
I’ll give you this, Ingruber might have been an improvement for the role of Han in  Return of the Jedi.   Tongue

[Image: giphy.webp]

Where is the dislike button when you need it.... Tongue
(10-17-2018, 06:07 AM)stferguson78 Wrote: Wow, do you know if he's planning on doing the whole movie this way?

I don't think so, at least not soon. Deepfake technology is still in its infancy. While the results can look good in low-quality Youtube videos, it's not yet possible to make face replacement of people reasonably close to the camera look convincing in HD or even high-bitrate SD (such as DVD quality).

If the technology ever becomes good enough and someone does this for the whole movie, hopefully they can use samples of Harrison Ford's face from his 1960s movie and television work rather than from his later work.

(10-17-2018, 08:39 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: I still can't understand why they didn't get Anthony Ingruber to do this role. He was incredibly believable in Age of Adeline as a young Harrison Ford. If the Derpfakes team would share their specific process I'm sure there would be a group that would be willing to tackle the entire film. Perhaps that would be enough to even entice Ingruber to do some ADR work for a fanedit.

Anthony Ingruber did a great job of redubbing Harrison Ford for the Auralnauts channel's Star Wars parody series. Even without face replacement, I'd love to have a version of "Solo" in which Alden Ehrenreich's lines are redubbed by Ingruber. To me, Ehrenreich's voice was more distractingly dissimilar to Harrison Ford than his face was. It wasn't so much a matter of timbre (something that can change over age), but rather his accent and his pronunciation of various words.

I don't know whether or not Ingruber would be willing to do it, though (with or without a version featuring Harrison Ford's face via deepfake technology).
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
I just found out that derpfakes wrote the following in a comment on his video two days ago:

Quote:Anyone wanting an Anthony Ingruber overdub head to https://twitter.com/RealDerpfakes and like my tweet. Would be great to get a top Han voice in the next Solo video!

Here's a link to the comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANXucrz7...TXB4AaABAg
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
We're probably beyond spoilers but I'll put it in tags anyway...

I hated the Maul cameo myself (nearly ruined an otherwise excellent film) but for those that liked it but wish it had the Peter Serafinowicz Ep.1 style voice (not the cartoon version), then this fan voiced version of the scene could be handy for fanedits of 'Solo':

You know as much as I hated the Maul reveal in the end I would have absolutely loved to see Emilia Clarke's Qi'ra as a Sith (or rather, Dark Jedi?)