If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Avid Releases Free Editor
I'm glad I waited. Anyone else able to have a clean installation?
I got interested, but hearing all these problems has definitely stopped that.
Has anybody tried installing this on a MAC?
OK, so I just got a new laptop after coffee accidentally got spilled on the last one. Fortunately, I didn't have any projects saved on that one, and we're gonna be a lot more careful with this one.

Anyway, the old laptop was 2.31 GHz, 2 GB RAM, and 232 GB of room on the hard drive.

The new laptop has 2.34 GHz, 6 GB RAM, and 1 TB of space on the hard drive.

I'm terrible at understanding what's compatible and incompatible when it comes to software, though. Can anyone tell me, before I spend another whole day downloading Avid, whether or not it will work?
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US...quirements

Quote:Windows
  • Computer: Avid-qualified Windows-based computer
  • Memory: 6 GB minimum, 8 GB or more recommended; 16 GB or more when working with UHD or high frame rate media
  • Windows OS Compatibility Grid
  • Additional Notes:
    • Media Composer | First requires a 64-bit Windows operating systems
    • Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise
    • Windows 8.1 Professional and Enterprise
    • Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 only)
[*]Mac