• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Avid Releases Free Editor

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm, this sounds like it might be a good replacement for my creaky old Corel VideoStudio Pro! I'm not sure if those output formats are good for anything else, but it might be worth investigating.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah good, I'm on a budget right now so this ought to suffice

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This tickles my cheapskate bone.  :)

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anybody familiar with this enough to know if this will have any DVD/BD Authoring capabilities?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm...tried installing it but it caused not only a shortening out of my internet, but eventually a bit of a crash on my end. Luckily managed to salvage my drive though.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Hmm...tried installing it but it caused not only a shortening out of my internet

Sounds tasty.

shortening-crisco-original.jpg

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yikes! Sorry, it didn't work for you, Zarius, but I'm glad you were able to salvage your drive, at least!

It didn't work for me either. I got an error message saying that my system couldn't run it. Of course, I got that message four hours into a lengthy installation. Ugh! Still, I realize it's my fault for not checking to see if my specs matched theirs. I always forget that.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow. avid's media composer sounds more like a decomposer.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad I waited. Anyone else able to have a clean installation?

NixEclips

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got interested, but hearing all these problems has definitely stopped that.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, so I just got a new laptop after coffee accidentally got spilled on the last one. Fortunately, I didn't have any projects saved on that one, and we're gonna be a lot more careful with this one.

Anyway, the old laptop was 2.31 GHz, 2 GB RAM, and 232 GB of room on the hard drive.

The new laptop has 2.34 GHz, 6 GB RAM, and 1 TB of space on the hard drive.

I'm terrible at understanding what's compatible and incompatible when it comes to software, though. Can anyone tell me, before I spend another whole day downloading Avid, whether or not it will work?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/Media-Composer-First-System-Requirements

Windows
  • Computer: Avid-qualified Windows-based computer
  • Memory: 6 GB minimum, 8 GB or more recommended; 16 GB or more when working with UHD or high frame rate media
  • Windows OS Compatibility Grid
  • Additional Notes:
    • Media Composer | First requires a 64-bit Windows operating systems
    • Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise
    • Windows 8.1 Professional and Enterprise
    • Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 only)
[*]Mac

Top Bottom