If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Avid Releases Free Editor
This is the discussion thread for Avid Releases Free Editor. Post away!
Hmm, this sounds like it might be a good replacement for my creaky old Corel VideoStudio Pro! I'm not sure if those output formats are good for anything else, but it might be worth investigating.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Ah good, I'm on a budget right now so this ought to suffice
This tickles my cheapskate bone.  Smile
Is anybody familiar with this enough to know if this will have any DVD/BD Authoring capabilities?
I think it implied a no to that question, but that could have been a misconception on my part.

*Edit*
Just in case you didn't see this page, here's the full features link http://www.avid.com/media-composer-first/features
Hmm...tried installing it but it caused not only a shortening out of my internet, but eventually a bit of a crash on my end. Luckily managed to salvage my drive though.
(08-02-2017, 10:40 AM)Zarius Wrote: Hmm...tried installing it but it caused not only a shortening out of my internet

Sounds tasty.

[Image: shortening-crisco-original.jpg]
Yikes! Sorry, it didn't work for you, Zarius, but I'm glad you were able to salvage your drive, at least!

It didn't work for me either. I got an error message saying that my system couldn't run it. Of course, I got that message four hours into a lengthy installation. Ugh! Still, I realize it's my fault for not checking to see if my specs matched theirs. I always forget that.
wow. avid's media composer sounds more like a decomposer.