• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

X-Men: Magneto

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Image_7_31_17_at_16_25.jpg

Greetings, fellow editors, today I would like to present my next project, Magneto. For starters, @kidjupiter92 and I are going to hope to collaborate to a unified continuity canon with no sentinels, yet no time travel and we hope we can incorporate The Wolverine (Kuzuri) and the original trilogy in with the new movies without much confusion. More on that and discussion in this thread.

If you hadn't realized, this is an edit of First Class. Among many changes, this is focused on Erik, so we won't meet Charles till Erik meets him. I will introduce Moira before Erik meets her because technically she is connected with Shaw and she is needed for the buildup of the CIA, nuclear war, and all that stuff. So, she would say she would find a mutant professor and there would be a shot of her in Oxford (her meeting with Charles in the bar is cut) and when Erik meets him, it would be revealed that the mutant professor is Charles. Most of CIA base and Shaw attacking the complex, Darwin's death and Angel's switch will be cut. It would seem Angel has been with Shaw all this time, but just off screen. 

That's just the beginning part. The rest is to come.

Any suggestions or ideas would be a great help!

I'm all for this, of course. I'll be watching First Class again and see if there's anything I can suggest.

I'll probably contribute art to this as well :)

Thanks, @"kidjupiter92". The art was just a little concept of mine.  :)

Are you guys creating a fanedit.org shared cinematic universe? :O

Maybe.... :D 
Though I like how you worded it. :p

They look sick. I wanted to use those posters too. :)

Thank you very much. I instantly thought about this poster from the DOFP campaign when I first saw you post this thread up and I couldn't resist using it. I also decided to use the tagline that was used for character posters for Charles and Erik for First Class.

:) 

For the X-Men: Magneto text, try using bank gothic (X-Men font)

I personally think that would look even more awesome.

As for the Charles/Raven meeting, I think I'm going to intercut with Raven and Charles after the training montage in the same kitchen, so it would foreshadow that Raven and Charles were now different and more apart.

Yeah, I can buy that, good continuity placement. :)

theryaney said:
:) 

For the X-Men: Magneto text, try using bank gothic (X-Men font)

I personally think that would look even more awesome.

Hmm... I'll see if I have that font and change the titles up. 

theryaney said:
As for the Charles/Raven meeting, I think I'm going to intercut with Raven and Charles after the training montage in the same kitchen, so it would foreshadow that Raven and Charles were now different and more apart.

This is definitely good idea! I like it! I can already picture it too.

They look sick. I wanted to use those posters too, but you are the master, @kidjupiter92!  :)

Clip! 

First 8 minutes. Added Hybrid X-Men + New Marvel Intro.

Not bad.  The new Marvel intro isn’t bad, but the only minor complaint I could point out is from the shot of Erik’s hand to the title card.  You could maybe wait until the coin zooms towards the audience, and as it flips, unveil the title, so that you edit behind the original title.  The cut to black as the zoom speeds uo is awkward.

Canon Editor said:
Not bad.  The new Marvel intro isn’t bad, but the only minor complaint I could point out is from the shot of Erik’s hand to the title card.  You could maybe wait until the coin zooms towards the audience, and as it flips, unveil the title, so that you edit behind the original title.  The cut to black as the zoom speeds uo is awkward.

Ah, that's a very interesting idea. I will try that. :) 

Did you notice any cuts?

Opening looks good. The only thing that stuck out was the Marvel Studios opening with all The Avengers shots, it just doesn't fit with an X-Men centric universe/edit

Hubunkey said:
Opening looks good. The only thing that stuck out was the Marvel Studios opening with all The Avengers shots, it just doesn't fit with an X-Men centric universe/edit

I'll probably cut that out, it was just a random idea I had. 

Unfortunately, @"Canon Editor", it doesn't really work, unless someone can redo the whole coin thing with Magneto as the title.

I'm floored. Some really good edit titles and pacing so far. :)

You're off to a really great start, Ry!

I enjoyed your use of the new Marvel logo. While these edits aren't about incorporating the X-Men into the MCU, I think that in a perfect movie universe, they should all be playing nice with each other, and all the X-Men films would make sense with one another. So I have no problem with incorporating that. 

(In fact, didn't Marvel have the exact same logo for a long time for both in-house and licensed productions for a long time? I suppose that the new logo is an attempt to differentiate, but until now, the logo always further drove home the absurdity to me that these are all Marvel movies after all.) 

The music seems to fade out at the end of the logo rather obviously, though. What was cut out there?

As for other cuts, if there were any, I didn't notice them. It looks pretty flawless. I didn't see any subtitles in the German-language scene, though. Were you planning to add those in later?

Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom