• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Episode I: Army Of The Republic:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Episode I: Army Of The Republic:

I love the concept. I found the actual technical editing phenomenal. Prior to watching it, absolutely everything about it seemed to be my perfection vision of the Clone Wars.

Ultimately, the material he utilized to craft his film just do not fit together as a cohesive and entertaining 2+ hour movie. Many sequences of the film seem pointless (the first half hour of the movie could easily be trimmed down to 5 or 10 minutes), the viewer is at times disorientingly jerked between battles and exposition, and episodic nature of most of the storylines leave the movie feeling like we're just watching a collection of TV episodes rather than a truly complete and logical film.

Now much of this, you could chalk up to the limits of the format - no, you can't just magically change TV episodes into a coherent movie. And no, it's not easy to even approximate that. However, while watching the film, I couldn't help but feel like if only he had scaled back his ambition - if he had utilized less episodes for a shorter, maybe 1h 30m long movie, we could have actually gotten close to what the concept hopes to achieve.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/clone-wars-episode-i-army-of-the-republic-the/discussions/9386/

Top Bottom