• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Donnie Darko - The Amalgamation

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
....Catchy title huh?

Well, even though Kerr beat me to the punch, I think this edit its done. I'm exporting from Womble as we speak but would like a volunteer test viewer. preferably from the UK. Not so much for their opinions on the edit but more for quality control.

My reasons for this edit began as simply wanting to insert the few extended scenes from the Directors Cut. However, upon close inspection of the two official releases side by side showed far more differences between the two than I was aware of. The DC audio has a near-continuous 'hum' throughout the whole movie, whilst other background noises have been altered. The video itself is of a slightly different palette to the original cut, more 'fuller' rather than the slightly washed out film I fell in love with.

So what was originally going to just be an Extended Edition really has become an almalgamation of the two cuts, using video and audio from both, often within the same scene depending in my personal preferance.

As this is my first fanedit proper I would like this to go into firstlings once available, where it can then be approved (or not).

But in a move which I feel befits the movie I won't be releasing a detailed list of the changes and additions I've made. Watch it for yourself and see if you like what I've done......

If your willing to be a test viewer then drop me a PM

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Cool! Congrats on finishing, seems like this'll be a nice edit from the list of changes you PMed me. You'll probably release it before mine, too, as I haven't found the time to finish my DVD. I don't really feel like test viewing it, as I've seen Donnie Darko way too many times lately while working on my own edit, but I'll definitely download it once it becomes available.

ok I'm ready to go on this one. unfortunatly, my internet problems which have currently got me running at dial up speed means I can't actually upload or release this myself. so if anyone could lend me a hand it would be much appreciated. I also don't mind if this one needs to be classed as a firstling due to it being my first 'proper' fanedit

the offer always stands daveytod... I can upload this to RS for you. send me a PM when you are ready.

PM'd you Davey - happy to test view.

I too am always glad to lend a hand uploading and/or torrenting. Is this (hopefully) on it's way to someone?

Copies of this have been sent to ThrowgnCpr and White43, PM me if you'd like a copy as well 'worm. not sure yet wether I'm going to be able to torrent this myself or not....still having some serious speed issues

ok. moved to extended editions. can we get the full info on this DVD so it can be posted to fanedit.org? I know you didn't want to post a cut list, but please fill out this info: http://fanedit.org/about/faneditor-entry/

also, this is available via RS at linktalk

Just watched back and here are my thoughts. It's definitely a worthwhile edit and I think it enhances the story. I think the directors had a little too much explanation, but yours seems to get it right.

I did however note the following. Some of these might be part of the original edit, I don't know. Please don't be put off from going back and looking at these things. I think if you can address these issues, you'll have a great film.

1:08:20 - Notable audio change when we go from Donnie to the calendar
1:08:27 - Hard cut to the book
1:30:12 - Not sure if there's one here or not.
1:30:24 - Hard audio cut
1:34:22 - Hard cut
1:35:19 - An audio 'crackle' occurs
1:41:34 - Hard cut

Despite the above, I still enjoyed the film! I hope this helps.

thanks for checking it out white, glad you enjoyed it. those cuts must come through a lot worse in the final DVD than they do in the project file because i just checked it and they don't seem too bad. If it becomes a major sticking point with more people then I'll revisit it for a v.2

would someone be willing to knock up a cover for this one.....feels kinda naked on the main site without one?

and Boon, is there any way of telling how many (if any) RS downloads there has been?

daveytod said:
and Boon, is there any way of telling how many (if any) RS downloads there has been?

***puts on boon voice*** yes! only 2 so far

haha, cheers throw! well it's getting some views at the very least

lol, yes indeed. An NTSC version may help make this more alluring. I might be able to do one soon for you, and if you let me know what fonts you used for the menus, it would help me to recreate them.

got it thanks. the next week is pretty crazy for me, and then I leave the country for the second half of March. If I get a chance to work on it before I leave I will, otherwise I will have plenty of time when I get back

which part of the UK, and why? you just visiting London?

Back
Top Bottom