• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman v Superman: No Justice:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman v Superman: No Justice:

As the ratings to the right of this review spell out, I really can't simply comment on the work as a whole, rather I need to break it down into the key categories that go into making a truly great fan edit. In terms of technical quality, this edit is inarguably tremendous. 1080 quality is every bit as good as my official digital copy. The edits - both visual and audio - are spot on, with no real jerkiness or quick cuts. This could easily be a professionally edited work, and that's tremendous.

Ultimately I found myself having two issues with the film. Firstly, I'm not a fan of changing the endpoints of a film, conceptually. That this version of the film will never be able to naturally flow into Justice League or any other future film is a bit disappointing, and while I understand the intention thematically (of reducing the film to purely the battle between Batman and Superman), there are other considerations that I feel were ignored (Superman's character arc that ultimately leads to his death, for instance).

However, I understand most of those reservations are personal preferences and arguably a bit finicky on my part, so I went into the film trying to be open minded and, for the sake of the review, being more positive towards the intent and concept behind this edit. Despite that, I did find I didn't enjoy the movie quite as much as I expected I would. The pacing and structure of the film is actually quite strong - better than the original certainly - however by leaving out many of the additional storylines of BVS, the movie feels very...heavy. I wouldn't say it's confusing, but having the vast majority of the movie dedicated to Luthor's machinations ultimately left me feeling kind of overwhelmed and exhausted by the movie. In my opinion, BVS needed less of the complex and multifaceted intrigue, not more.

Overall, it's still a VERY good edit. I would definitely recommend it, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if you come away loving it far more than I did. I just wouldn't go as far as saying this is my preferred version of the movie, or head and shoulders above the original cut.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/batman-v-superman-no-justice/discussions/9361/

Back
Top Bottom