• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wayward Pines

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone watched this show?  

Wayward_Pines_Intertitle.png

It has a Twin Peaks-esque feel to it which attracted me to it and it has a pretty cool twist mid-way through the first season.  The first season is based on a trilogy of books and I was pretty into it until the last few minutes of the first season finale which was more focused on setting up future seasons and went off on it's own rather than giving a proper ending to the story it was trying to tell.

I refused to watch the second season and I hear rumors of a third.  Would love to hear what others thought of the series thus far.

I also wonder if the first season would make for a good standalone fan edit.

The books are much much better. I finished the first season, thought it was meh, watched two of the second season and abandoned it.

I watched the hell out of season one. I felt like changing the Sheriff's name to Cooper and actor to Kyle Maclachlan would have made the first half of season one into "Twin Peaks Season 3" easily. Of course, there is the "what is going on" mystery and the twist halfway through, and during and after the twist the show distinguishes itself as its own thing.

I have seen some of season two. It's ok, but heavily features an actor from season one I didn't like much.

I've seen the full two seasons, and I really liked the ending of season 2. I liked it better than how season 1 ended even.

Back
Top Bottom