• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

MR. WICK - two in one edition of John Wick 1&2

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the second edit i work on
I have already a rough workprint of the first John Wick and in a few days i work on the second one
There is not much to say about this one, just a two in one edition of both movies to create a full action rollercoaster cut
Probably released somewhere in July before i start with THE GAME 2
Running time will be up and around the 120 minutes 
That's it.

z5RewZd.jpg

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How about just calling this Mr. Wick instead of Wick The Extended Cut since that might confuse some people into thinking it's an extended version of one of the movies

TK251

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You beat me to it. I was planning on doing a cut of both of them called Mr. Wick

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr. Wick?     Ok, doesn't matter to me, i will change it later.

TK251

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome, If you would like some one to watch a preview let me know. I also have a few ideas that could help shorten John wick 1

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I put these edits very roughly together
The plan is or what is irritating me is these dogs
The second dog is completely removed but i have also a problem with the first one
When they beat him up and steal his car is for me enough to trigger him off, because he does a lot of work in the second part to get his car back. 
I gonna try to cut also the first dog, but if it doesn't work i put him back in

Music overdubs are from Mark Isham  (tracks from highwaymen, the crazies, and fire in the sky)

There is a lot of work to do but i think it's finished in the mid of July

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You want to remove the dog his dying wife gave him?
Do as you want, but it's the heart of the character to me.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac said:
he does a lot of work in the second part to get his car back. 

Doesn't Wick immediately trash the car as soon as he gets it back?

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jess, i know he trashes the car so?
After that the car of Wick is picked up by his mechanic
What i understand in that scene is that Wick wants his car back like he was before 
I think that is a pretty good job to pull off because he looks like a piece of trash
But that is not the point, they steal the car in the first movie after they beat him up and they smash the dog's brains in but i simply can not place a puppy by a cold-blooded assassin as Wick.
Yess, it is a present from his dying wife but that is just melodramatic shit that doesn't belong in an action movie as this one
BUT maybe it is just me, maybe i am wrong and if that is the case i recut the workprint and put the dog back in
I wanna see both versions, with and without the dog and then i see what i do with it

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i think alot of people feel the puppy is an important part of the journey of John Wick.
i dont think his motive for revenge would  make as much sense if his motive was simply cause
his car was stoleb,  but thats just how i feel.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac said:
Yess, it is a present from his dying wife but that is just melodramatic shit that doesn't belong in an action movie as this one
BUT maybe it is just me

It's sort of tragicomical to me and I felt it was part of what made the movie a bit different in tone than a regular action movie.
But I guess it can also work without the dog.
The fact he would kill everyone only to get the car back would maybe even more funny in a way.
You must follow your goal anyway. :)

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, that is my point.
You can't fuck with this character
They come to his house, they break in, they beating the shit out of him and they steal his car
I think if you do that to a person as Wick who killed 7 men with a pencil, well i think you have a BIG problem with him
But i see what i can do with it

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After a few tests i know it now for sure:

This edit is gonna be different in storyline
In this cut, Wick is a loner, no wife, no dogs, no dramatic bullshit
A retired assassin, who lives an isolated life
Until they piss him off

With some editing tricks, recuts, and sound effects it looks now exactly the way i had it in mind
For the dog lovers, this is (maybe) a disappointment but i am sure this is gonna work
And by the way, i don't like these dogs 
The only dog I like is CUJO

I started this all over again so it could be that this is ready by the end of the month

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds cool, I like it when an edit takes a movie in a whole new direction than the original film

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Stay on target, maniac.
I like Wick, but discarding canines and love seems OK to me.

damian1978

Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac said:
After a few tests i know it now for sure:

This edit is gonna be different in storyline
In this cut, Wick is a loner, no wife, no dogs, no dramatic bullshit
A retired assassin, who lives an isolated life
Until they piss him off

With some editing tricks, recuts, and sound effects it looks now exactly the way i had it in mind
For the dog lovers, this is (maybe) a disappointment but i am sure this is gonna work
And by the way, i don't like these dogs 
The only dog I like is CUJO

I started this all over again so it could be that this is ready by the end of the month

Sounds like something good, different motive, same character, IM IN!!!

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn right, fine that there are people who see it also that way
Well, the first workprint and i think am not gonna change one little bit of it is now at exactly 60 minutes 
That is the first part I'm talking about of course and it has all the action
In the opening scene, i use a sound effect of Spielberg's Duel (footsteps in a garage, closing door and starting of the engine
Sound of the engine is from Carpenter's Christine i use that for the credits and then you see Wick drive his car away from the garage
It works fantastic because my intention is to focus all of that on that car
To cut out the puppy was not easy, some things are recut, sound effects are used, trimming in dialogue etc...
But this first part is succeeded and next week i go further with the second one
There is also a vacation coming up because of that it will be ready (i think) by the end of the month
But for now i am very satisfied with this workprint

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought the dog was crucial to the theatrical, BUT alternate versions are what this website is all about, and you have me curious what kinds of clever tricks it took to make it work.
:)

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The workprint of both is now at 130 minutes 
For now i say it can't be shorter than that and i must do the overdubs on this edit
It was a hell of a job to pull this together but also a lot of fun
It could be that i finish this edit this week and if everything runs well it will be Friday on my blog
Like i said earlier this definitely works without the Wife and Dogs but if you still believe in the Dog story and the dramatic shit with the Wife don't waste two hours and ten minutes of your life on this cut
Stick to the original or the earlier TM2YC edit
This is my vision of both films how it must be and that's it
For the curious ones, i hope you like this edit

Top Bottom