• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2018 Movies

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was excited with all the talent involved but this teaser isn't really blowing me away...

...but it's only an (probably too) early teaser and the movie is the best part of a year away.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it looks like another Marvel cgi slug fest with over-the-top and unrealistic visuals. It will be interesting to see how all his access to tech is explained when his origins seem rather humble when compared to the likes of Tony Stark.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emergency physician: mr. black panther, do you think your suit might be contributing to your injuries?

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Yeah, it looks like another Marvel cgi slug fest with over-the-top and unrealistic visuals. It will be interesting to see how all his access to tech is explained when his origins seem rather humble when compared to the likes of Tony Stark.

I was slowly getting bored of the CGI messes of modern blockbuster, even finding Doctor Strange to be pretty unremarkable. But I was still enjoying them. Then Logan blew all these mondo-budget, passable pieces of entertainment out of the water. Now I feel spoiled, like any superhero film I go into now I'm going to be bored by. Now I'm not expecting action fests, I want story, character and emotion.

I really hope Marvel can shake up their formula going into Phase 4, because the same shit with a different cape isn't going to cut it much longer.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surely this should be moved to a Black Panther thread? I think it's safe to assume the movie will get its own one at some point... ;)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This just gave me a headache...

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The trailer is frenetic, but I'm hopeful the visuals will be less chaotic in the actual film. Spielberg with a good editor should be a hit, in theory.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The book is absolutely amazing. I hope they do it justice.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
We still aren't allowed to see that trailer, but we do have this. 

lfhJeDV.jpg

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Josh Brolin as Cable in Deadpool 2:

DGo03INW0AABZAe.jpg:large

Spot-on!... what's up with the teddy bear?  And... does that gun go to eleven?!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another entry in the decades-long quest for a video game movie that might not be rubbish :D ...

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looks to me like another entry in the decades long churning out of rubbish video game movies...

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
f2024091ce84ba9c8d75e7a8e271588d.jpg

yes you have been spoilt with all the cgi . i still remember my superheroes from the left side of the picture and even when batman used a gun to fight gangsters in b+w

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Another entry in the decades-long quest for a video game movie that might not be rubbish :D ...

looks like they are going to lift scenes straight from the tomb raider rebooted video game dosn't it

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gazza, I grew up with this Spiderman
[video=dailymotion]

Back on topic though, it looks like we're getting mi:6 in 2018. I wonder if they'll keep it like that and make a British crossover with the new girl.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Back on topic though, it looks like we're getting mi:6 in 2018. I wonder if they'll keep it like that and make a British crossover with the new girl.

As long as they dont portray the british as tea drinking limeys who all know the queen .it really spoils my enjoyment of a movie or series thinking thats how americans view us.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
gazza said:
As long as they dont portray the british as tea drinking limeys who all know the queen .it really spoils my enjoyment of a movie or series thinking thats how americans view us.

Well we can always get back at them by portraying them as loud, obnoxious, fat and stupid... oh wait, we don't have to :p 

Member how Logan was great because it didn't rely on excessive CGI? I member...

Top Bottom