If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Free Editing Software
Hey DigMod, just wanna say thanks for always sharing these!  I've downloaded but not tried out the one above.  

FYI for anyone else taking the plunge, you'll need your own code (the one above didn't work form me).  They ask you to share a link via Twitter or FB but if you just click on the link, it opens a new tab but if you go back to the old tab there's your key, regardless of if you have actually share it or not (or if you don't have a Twitter or FB account - like me).
(03-03-2019, 08:30 PM)Dr. Chim Richalds Wrote: Hey DigMod, just wanna say thanks for always sharing these!  I've downloaded but not tried out the one above.  

Ofcourse! Smile

Quote:FYI for anyone else taking the plunge, you'll need your own code (the one above didn't work form me).  They ask you to share a link via Twitter or FB but if you just click on the link, it opens a new tab but if you go back to the old tab there's your key, regardless of if you have actually share it or not (or if you don't have a Twitter or FB account - like me).

Thanks for the heads up. I tried it on two different browsers and it gave me the same code so I figured it was generic.
Not sure if this one has been posted before....

HITFILM EXPRESS

It has a free demo version.  Appears to have some very impressive FX features.

https://fxhome.com/express
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
(03-18-2019, 06:12 PM)bionicbob Wrote: Not sure if this one has been posted before....

HITFILM EXPRESS

It has a free demo version.  Appears to have some very impressive FX features.

https://fxhome.com/express

The same company also has a free plugin pack called Ignite Express that features some of the same effects. It works with Vegas, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, and others.

https://fxhome.com/ignite-express
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
CyberLink PowerDirector 16

[Image: box_PDR16-Gen_eng-l-188x200.png]
https://sharewareonsale.com/s/cyberlink-...ector-sale

CyberLink PowerDirector 16 makes your home movies more engaging! A range of quick-to-learn and easy-to-use creation modes put you on the fast track to video editing, so you spend less time learning and more time creating. Video editing tools: Basic tools (trim, cut, title, transition, PiP, Chroma key, MagicStyle, Slideshow)
Only an hour or so left on this one, but this is a free DRM removal tool.

[Image: 84afe68b4cc1d5925421b7812332c333.png]

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/drmare-...r-windows/

"As its name suggests, this software is specially for removing iTunes DRM and converting iTunes M4V videos such as iTunes movies, TV shows, Extras. Yet it can do much more than that. You can use it to convert any other common videos like your home films or videos shot by yourself as well. Besides, it has the powerful features which are not available from other competitors. For example, you can edit your videos like add a watermark, audio effect, trim/cut videos and you can preview the videos during editing without exporting. All in all, this is an almighty software that can meet any requirements of your daily video converting."
Has anyone ever come across DaVinchi Resolve? It seems insane, but it's professional editing software and it's free. I am yet to give it a try, but my mate's started trialing it for his work and said he hasn't run into any issues so far and can't work out why it would be free. He's strongly recommended I check it out. 

There is a paid version of it, but apparently the main upgrade is the advantage of being able to do collaborative editing with people via cloud, along with extra plugins.
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
WidsMob FilmPack

[Image: cross-en-200x125.png]

"WidsMob FilmPack applies stunning analog photo filters for photos of Digital cameras and smartphone. It helps photographers make analog photos more attractive with colors, contrast and gain. 4 different color rendition profiles, 28 types of camera profiles, 15 options for color modes, and 25 film gain profiles. Whether vintage rendering, or have fun with colors, you can always find a suitable photo filter. Reproduce classic films, such as Kodak Ektachrome, Fuji Velvia 50, Fuji Superia, Ilford HPS 800 and more.

It should be an all-in-one filmpack with 4 different color renditions, vibrant and dramatic color for Color Positive Film, classic and nostalgic for Color Negative Film, vintage-inspired Black and White Film, and special color rendering Cross Processed Film. It just rediscovers the stunning photo effects of analog film. Color rendering digital photos with Contrast, Saturation and Special color tones. Adjust the contrast will make the photographs more flexibility. It brings out the nuances in the color rendering photos, which photographs can select the classic one accordingly. Even for the Black and white photographs, WidsMob FilmPack is able to reproduce hundreds of results with different profiles and contrasts easily. Analog film grain is essential to give a vintage aspect for the digital images. What is more important, it also makes them looks in a different texture. Not only for the original Film Grains of the camera profiles, but also adjust the size and intensity to make the effects special. Just apply the film grains for the digital photos within one click to make everything different. Support RAW files of popular cameras. The Before-and-After mode enables photographs to enjoy an instant preview for the photo filters. Just need one click to restore the photos to default setting or original status. Zoom features to check the details for the stunning effects."

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-widsm...0-discount

While this software only works on photos rather than videos, any color grading that you apply to a photo using it can be used to regrade a video using color matching in some video editing programs (presuming the photo was taken from the video being edited), or used to make a LUT using Dr Dre's Color Matching Tool.
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!