If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Sony's ''Clean Version'' [Sanitized Movies]
Well I did a little more looking into it and it seems that VidAngel didn't get the permissions afterall. I like the idea, but they obviously don't get that they are fanediting and cannot sell such a product legally.

Im assuming they are using edl (edit decision list) files for their on the fly editing. I've created edl files before to create quick family friendly versions of my movies.

Back on topic, I wonder if the popularity of such services caught the attention of Sony and spurred on their decision to release their movies edited. Perhaps the other studios will follow?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sony's ''Clean Version'' [Sanitized Movies] - by DigModiFicaTion - 06-14-2017, 05:23 AM